Sway bars - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

manofhonor is an unknown
Sway bars

im wantign to stiffen up my ride so i was sondering if getting a pair of front and rear sway bars would be a noticeable difference, and combined with a strut tower bar how would that all effect the handeling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
The sways will make a more noticable difference. I noticed a big difference by just putting in a rear sway my rear end loves pushing to the outside during spirited driving. Also, don't forget endlinks, aftermarket sways are worthless without them.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#3 Old 03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
i wouldn't know personally, but anytime you can get a more performance oriented suspension setup than stock, it will be very nice. The wrx handles fairly nicely stock, but with some Whiteline Swaybars and some Kartboy endlinks and a strut bar, it will hug them corners like nothing.... (not necessarily just these parts, it's just the ones i want ) even my old school corolla can handle pretty dang good for being 22 years old now, and having 175/80/r13 tires... And stock suspension! But one of these days, im guna custom fabricate a front/rear strut bar... And then watchout s2000's my lil corolla is coming to get ya!

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#4 Old 03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
it really depends what you are looking for. first off, a stiffer car is a less forgiving car. so any time you stiffen the car you make it easier to spin out and lose control. chances are you cant drive the stock suspension to its limit and thus you are the limiting factor in your cars cornering ability, im not making a personal attack here im just playing the numbers.

that being said, the greatest benefits the average driver will obtain from suspension upgrades is an altered driving experience. The wrx has gobs and gobs of understeer stock, its like that because understeer is far safer then oversteer.

if you ultimate goal is to be able to take turns faster, go take a driving school. when your skandi flicking your stock sube around town come back and we can dissect the living shit out of some suspension upgrades.

if your ultimate goal is to have the most comfortable driving experience. change nothing, and go take a driving school.

if your ultimate goal is to have a little more fun while driving in a spirited fashion, e.g. sliding the car around and/or not being hampered by easily induced understeer, get the rear sway and endlinks and go take a driving school.
#5 Old 03-05-2008, 09:35 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
so you're saying driving school is a waste of money NN?

Just teasing!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
the only thing you should spend money on before a class in my eyes is tires, so you get there without issues. because lets face it, subaru has had some bad stock tire choices.
#7 Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
if your ultimate goal is to have a little more fun while driving in a spirited fashion, e.g. sliding the car around and/or not being hampered by easily induced understeer, get the rear sway and endlinks and go take a driving school.

My route exactly!!!! I've left the front end alone.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned