Sway bar upgrades for 04wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-22-2007, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

VanillaJuice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to VanillaJuice
Sway bar upgrades for 04wrx

bout to upgrade my sway bars.....i like to be able to turn as fast and sharp as possible...of course with control...thinkin about gettin the Perrin 22mm adjustable rear sway with the stout mounts and endlinks and i dont know about the front one yet. think this is a good pick?? anyone with experience? what setting yall running on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
i have Cusco F/R sway bars with Perrin rear end links. The car handles great, a lot more stable at high speeds. I would also go with Whiteline sway bars for a 2nd choice. I installed a rear one and it fit perfect on a friends car.
I have heard not so great things about Perrin sway bars

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#3 Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

what have u heard badly about the perrin sways? they seem to be pretty good especially from a company like perrin.....plus they come with stout mounts for under 200bux
#4 Old 07-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Ian

I can't remember exactly whats wrong with them but I think it has to do with the mounts and the sway bar clunking or something like that. PM Vew, I think he was the one with the problem. He will be able to tell you more.
Plus you can get Cusco or Whiteline for less than the Perrin ones. Less money less problems. http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subsus.htm

#5 Old 07-24-2007, 04:50 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I use cobb bars front and rear with cobb endlinks front and rear. Works great, but particularly the front endlinks are noisy as hell. I'm probably going to switch back to the stock front endlinks. Not like I'm fighting oversteer anyway so it shouldn't be too bad. The noise makes my car sound like a crinkled up rust bucket every bump and hard turn

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

perrin 25mm adj rsb and stout mounts for like 225 at jscspeed. ( from what ive read the rsb is 24,25,26 with the 3 settings)
so im not seeing the cheaper side of your link..but a good link and i DO appreciate it!!

so ya cheaper til u have to buy the upgraded mounts....unless im just seeing things but the mounts are 120 bux by themselves......unless yall have another suggestion??? im gonna go with the kartboy endlinks btw

im thinkin the 25mm but honestly im startin to think that the 22mm in the back is big enuff ...esp if im only gonna do 21mm in the front...hows your car with understeer Ian? im sick of going around corners with my front end sliding straight thru..its ridiculous
#7 Old 07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Ian

My car is great! Don't forget I have alot more than just sway bars. I have F/R sway bars, F/R strut tower bars, steering rack bushings, rear diff bushings, lowering springs with Koni inserts for struts, bigger wheels and tires, good alignment, rear camber bolts, rear lower sub frame brace and front lower sub frame bar. I highly reccomend the Cusco version 2 lower sub frame bar. It really helped get rid of any under steer I had left in my car. This thing http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subsus/cus_brace.htm

#8 Old 07-25-2007, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

what rear lower sub frace brace do you have? ya that version 2 lower sub frame bar is appealing!

ya i also just got a set of goodyear responsEdge tires...they are wonderful compared to what i had...
#9 Old 07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Ian

Well I have the Cusco rear sub brace with the rear diffusor http://gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subext/Cusco_Diffuser.htm to be honest I didn't really feel much difference with the rear one but you need it to mount the rear diffusor properly

#10 Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I have the Hotchkis F/R sways with Kartboy F/R endlinks. Do not keep the stock rear endlinks. They are plastic and will flex so much with an upgraded sway bar that it will cancel out some of the gains. I have also heard that if you get a beefier front sway you can break the stock fronts even though they are metal. For me there was just too much articulation in the stock fronts. Spend the little extra cash and upgrade the links while you are down there doing the work to swap the sways.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#11 Old 07-25-2007, 08:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

ya i dont think ill ever mount a piece of plastic under my car...unless its 5 bux haha..i dont see any point in that...def going with kartboy endlinks tho

Last edited by VanillaJuice; 07-26-2007 at 01:55 PM.
#12 Old 07-26-2007, 03:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

KailuaWRX is an unknown
just got Whitelines F/R sways along w/ Kartboy endlinks! Can't wait to install them!
#13 Old 07-26-2007, 04:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
so its not good just to get the f/r sways right now. I was about to order just tein sways right now.
#14 Old 07-26-2007, 05:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWRX06 View Post
so its not good just to get the f/r sways right now. I was about to order just tein sways right now.
You can do that if you like. It will not damage your car if that is what you are wondering. The rear endlinks are plastic and flex a lot. To get the full effect of the rear sway, you might want to consider upgrading the rear end links as well. If you are short on cash, just pick up the sways; you will notice the difference immediately.

With that said, I have Cobb sways, which I love. I have been running them with the stock end links. When I installed the sways, I definitely noticed a big difference in ride. Much tighter. Felt good. I autocross my car a lot; pulling 1.18 - 1.27 lateral g's on R-comp slicks. I have not experienced any sort of mechanical problems with the stockers.

But like all addicted modders, I must mod. And my endlinks are finally on my list. About to get some whiteline endlinks.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
#15 Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
sweet