Subaru WRX Forum banner

sway bar help

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Epictofer 
#1 ·
So I'm looking to upgrade a few things on my car in the next few days and I have never been great at sorting out suspension upgrades, soooooo.
here is my wishlist:

Rear Endlinks w/ Spherical Bearings for 2008-15 WRX/STI
(PSPSUS235)
Front Endlinks w/ Spherical Bearings for Subarus
(PSPSUS110)
Strut Tower Brace for 2008-15 WRX/STI
(PSPSUS055)
Front Sway Bar for 2008-14 STI / 09-14 WRX
(PSPSUS1XX)
Rear Sway Bar for 2008-15 WRX / STI
(PSPSUS23X)
and
Whiteline Rear Swaybar Mount Support Brace Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2014 WRX / STI)

so my question is in reference to the last item on the list.
if they make a rear swaybar support brace, why is it I can't find a front support brace? is it not needed in the front/ Not applicable?
also if anyone sees anything wrong with anything in the list please let me know. Its for a 2013 wrx hatch.
Like I said its harder for me to make heads or tails of suspension mods, so thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
It is not needed in the front as the stock one is already pretty strong and bolts straight to the car. The one in the rear however has risers that fill the gap between the car and mount itself which can leave some stiffness to be desired in stock trim.

#3 ·
Thank you I thought maybe it was named something else or something. I couldn't find one anywhere. not only does this news save me some money, but now I can go ahead and order everything! I didn't want to get all that stuff just to find out that I should have gotten one more thing. :)

#4 · (Edited)
Glad to hear your taking care of your suspension. Those red perrin bars are very pretty when you catch a glimpse of them from the rear on the highway. I still think its the second best thing you can do to a new WRX.

Speaking of, If you have some extra cash to play with, You might want to consider a master cylinder brace. The 09-13 models have particularly soft firewalls and the brace makes your brakes feel like a sports car should. the master cylinder brace is the best hundred bucks and 3 hours of install work I could have spent on my 13.

#5 ·
Speaking of, If you have some extra cash to play with, You might want to consider a master cylinder brace. The 09-13 models have particularly soft firewalls and the brace makes your brakes feel like a sports ar should. the master cylinder brace is the best hundred bucks and 3 hours of install work I could have spent on my 13.

+1 For a master cylinder brace! It also helps stop firewall flex which can lead to very bad things.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
I will def look into the brace guys thank you for the advice... When I got this car (prev car was an RX8) I was very dissapointed with the brakes... to the point that I thought something was wrong they felt squishy for lack of better word. now I have gotten used to it, so I'm sure I will notice the difference and they will feel closer to my rx8 brakes that I was used too. AND its has the added benefit of protecting my car from potential damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.