suspension help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

phatmike0704 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to phatmike0704 Send a message via Yahoo to phatmike0704
suspension help

ok, so i been driving my car for the past month with 2 noises. everytime i go on a speed bump or hit the throttle in first or second i hear a clunk, i read that it could be the bushings or my strut. And now i been hearing like a creak also everytime i turn the car slowly, brake at like 20mph-0mph or let off the clutch. Sounds like somethins loose but not sure what. PLEASE HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Ist off How miles? Is your car lowered (what suspension mods?)? Do you notice any smoke or burning grease smell comming from the strut or axle/cv boot area?

1) Could be a bad strut. Is the car riding kinda bouncy?
2) Could be a bad cv joint/boot. (most likely IMHO, b/c the car is hard to turn at slow speeds and make a creaking noise)
3) If you have aftermarket sways they could just need greasing (least likely though and that would make a creaking noise)

I would put the car on a lift or jack it up and look at each corner. Look at the struts and see if any fluid/grease/etc is leaking out or on the strut. Next look at the axles and Cv boots and see if there is a tear/broken boot and any grease comming out of on the boot. It is most likely the CV b/c the boots are made out of a rubber and can crack do to drying/age or get a tear/puncture pretty easily if you run over something the wrong way.