Subaru WRX Forum banner

suspension getting lower??

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
yesterday i was changing my oil and when i tried to jack my car up i realized the jack wouldnt fit under it. it fit before so i looked at my wheel gap. it looks like it is 1/4 to 1/2 an inch lower than when i got it. it has lowering springs on it with stock struts which are blown. could my springs just be wearing out? and is it safe to drive like that?

#6 ·
I would start with the struts like mentioned above. Look at I believe KYBs are the name. Better than stock (which should be able to handle your aftermarket springs) and usually cheaper also.

#12 ·
The stock springs are pretty soft and gradual. If the strut is totally blown, you'll slam it top to bottom quite a bit. You could break the strut top, the strut itself may be damaged to the point where you can't use an instert (KYB etc), and if it goes on for long enough you could wear out the spring. Expensive hub damage is possible but unlikely as long as the spring is still working.

#11 ·
eibach is butt...there barely stiffer than stock...just looks no real performance advantage...not that there are many lowering springs that are really a noticable performance gain IMHO just save for a nice set of coilovers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.