Strut tower braces - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

sammy is an unknown
I've be told not to run a front tower brace Instead I've been told to run the rear brace. Apparently the front towers are very rigid, but the rears are not near any major structures so they need the help. As for the difference between an aluminium/titanium/carbon fibre brace. It's just weight, not strenght.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to nekard
That is exactly what I thought! Thanks for the help. The front strut tower brace would just be for looks and minor functionality then, right?

2002 Silver WRX
Link Programmable ECU, TurboXS Stainless Steel Turbo-back exhaust, TurboXS BOV Type H, Black Samco Intercooler Hoses, 17x7.5" Rota Steel Grey Subzeros with Kumho Esta 235/45/R17 tiresPioneer Dehp9300
#3 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

sammy is an unknown
yep. I just answered the other board saying that.
#4 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM

Gerlando is an unknown
yep, and Carbon fiber tower bars can crack and shear near the mounts under stress.
#5 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Doesnt Cusco make different varieties of the strut tower bars? Like HD and light usage? Anyone know where i could strike a deal on a rear bar?

2002 Silver WRX
Link Programmable ECU, TurboXS Stainless Steel Turbo-back exhaust, TurboXS BOV Type H, Black Samco Intercooler Hoses, 17x7.5" Rota Steel Grey Subzeros with Kumho Esta 235/45/R17 tiresPioneer Dehp9300
#6 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

dj_swammi is an unknown
How dificult is the instal for the front and rear tower braces? Is this something that a novice wrench turner can handle with a socket wrench, or should I just bring the car to a shop and have it done there?
#7 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
The front one is easy as hell. The rear will be a little bit more difficult but only due to the carpet being in the way. But yes I dont see why a novice wrench turner could do it. Do you change your own oil? If so, you can do this. If not, you might want to start. Just my opinion.

2002 Silver WRX
#8 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Strut tower braces

There are two front strut tower braces that I have been considering. The STi styles are the ones that I have all but considered the only options. Now, does anyone think that I will notice a huge different between the carbon fiber/titanium one very the all aluminum one? Come on, I dont think that the price difference is worth it in the first place. The only other reason the buy the CF\Tit brace is if for looks because I dont think it would really stiffen the suspension that much more than aluminum. Right?

2002 Silver WRX