Subaru WRX Forum banner

STi Pinks srings/struts

12K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ema 
#1 ·
I have read the threads about only using lowering springs with the stock struts and how they work against each other. So heres my question. I found the STi pink springs online for $180. If I can find the STi pink struts, will they work together? The SPT site has the STi spring/strut suspension kit but its $1500. Would it be cheaper to purchase them separately? Will it work?

#2 ·
they'll work together if meant to work together- "pink" no longer has much meaning on it's own- there are no less than seven sets of pink springs for the Impreza, there are nearly that many sets of "pink" struts.

not sure what suspension set your looking at, but SPT offers a suspension lit for the older 02/03 WRX's both a wagon and a sedan, both are based off jdm oe models (v7 STi wagon and v7 STi RA) neither of which are "pink".

they do offer a "pink" suspension kit for the newer Imprezas- this kit offers a non-adj pink strut mated w/ the pink Tarmac springs- this would be a nice setup, but a little on the hardcore end of the scale- spring rates are roughly double the oe WRX spring rates

Also remember the SPT site lists MSRP- most sites that sell Subaru/SPT/STi bits discount those prices by 15-20% (heck your dealer may do the same :))

The $180 springs are the WRX specific springs (in both sedan and wagon)- there is no matched pink strut for those springs- the closest would probably be the v7 (02/03) pink struts which are a jdm only (and thus come in at a higher price) item and would require spacers in the rear to work w/ the WRX springs. For the price of these struts you'd be further ahead getting Koni inserts- which would be a very good match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.