Subaru WRX Forum banner

STi guys, what do you do for pads?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
So I know nothing about STi pads, and my fronts are ready. What's the best deal and brand and where do you get them?

#2 ·
I went with EBC redstuff. From https://www.chaplinssubarugenuineparts.com/index.php or you can run the Hawk HPs or whatever they're called from somewhere else. I like the redstuff pads. They have a break in coating. Maybe resurface your rotors if they're worn or buy brembo blanks at napa or whatever else is in your area that sells brembo blank rotors. The dealership (stealership) wanted to service my brakes.

The service they wanted to do:
2 new front rotors
2 front pads
resurface both rear rotors
2 new rear pads

All for about 2 grand. My dad and I looked at and debated the rotors. Took the rims off and the rotors really were not worn or scored, still pretty smooth to the touch. So, I bought a set of front and rear pads from chaplins for $194 without taxes and shipping. With shipping and taxes it was about $220 something.

Edit: click EBC brakes on the lil nav menu on the left.

Reactions: Chase
#3 ·
thank you so much. My pads are so close to shot, glad I didn't procrastinate, 2 grand for a brake job is ridiculous. I'll take 1 to 2 hundred for pads any day over that.

#6 ·
No problem Brandon, the RedStuff are dusty as heck until you get through the break-in coating. You can run Hawk HPs though. I'm not being biased. But, definately check your rotors. See if they need resurfaced or replaced. It normally a good time to change rotors or resurface them if its needed. Either way, I hope you enjoy your new pads. If you get EBCs or Hawks. You'll love em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.