Subaru WRX Forum banner

Squeaky brakes

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
Ok so heres the deal. About 3 months ago, 5000 miles tops, i replaced brake lines and pads on my07wrx. I used hawk HPS pads and i stainless steel brake lines, and re-used stock rotors. I will admit, i did #### out and i let the dealership install the parts. I know i know i regret not doing it myself, but whats done is done. The car now has just under 30,000 miles on it.

PROBLEM:

My brakes squeek and screech like hell at low speeds <20mph. It seems every time i am in a parking lot, or in a low speed environment my brakes make a terrible noise. It did not make any noise for about 2 months after the install... Now i do not think i could have possibly worn the pads down that fast. Also, the rotors looks fine from what i can tell and with only street driving and 30,000 miles i would expect them to still be solid. There is no squeeking at high speeds however, the brakes work fine and i do not ahve any problems stopping. So what could be causing this noise. It is getting worse on average, but it is VERY INCONSISTENT. SOmetimes it squeeks very loud and long, sometimes it is a quiet squeek, sometimes there is no squeek. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

#6 ·
i did do my own brake in procedure that i considered a generic process. I did about 5-10 stops from 20 mph progressively harder and faster each time, also progressively increasing the speed to 35 mph. So yes i did my best to brake in the pads.

THere could be a rock in there because i drive on a lot of gravel. i will have to learn how to take them apart to check. It just confuses me because the noise is so inconsistent, sometimes there isnt any noise even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.