Springs? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-28-2008, 02:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nic17fly is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Nic17fly
Springs?

I found some springs that will work with the stock struts on my 02 WRX that lower the car 2" upfront and 1.5" in the back, I know after I install them I need an allignment, will I need to put any kind of camber kit on to reduce uneven wear on the tires or will an allignment be enough?

Nicolas

BUGEYES FOR LIFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
You shouldn't need camber but may need spacers for the rear.. And definately an alignment.

D-Rock
Under constant pressure
#3 Old 03-28-2008, 11:18 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
if you need to adjust anything due to the springs than they're too severe. Using spacers to fix rubbing issues is illegal and dangerous! Also, you'll be destroying the handling of your car. I'd advise using less severe springs (or leaving stock alone) rather than butchering your suspension for a little bit cooler look...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#4 Old 03-28-2008, 12:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What I have been considering is getting some springs clamps and "checking" the clearance and all that prior to buying aftermarket springs. Cheaper way to find out if clearance will be an issue.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#5 Old 03-28-2008, 02:41 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
sounds good... never tried anything like that. To me, I'd just spend a few extra bucks and get ones that were known to work well. Plenty of good suby parts companies out there like Cobb, Perrin, etc etc etc...

Don't think any of em have that severe a drop though. Also, it's of course a fairly silly mod if you're trying to actually help handling.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 03-29-2008, 02:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nic17fly is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Nic17fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
sounds good... never tried anything like that. To me, I'd just spend a few extra bucks and get ones that were known to work well. Plenty of good suby parts companies out there like Cobb, Perrin, etc etc etc...

Don't think any of em have that severe a drop though. Also, it's of course a fairly silly mod if you're trying to actually help handling.
Mosc, Everything I have read thus far says if you want put a 24mm sway bar on the rear then upgraded springs are highly suggested. I was looking into the COBB Sports springs that work with the stock struts. They only lower the car 2" in the front and 1.5" in the back but have a higher spring rate then the stock springs.

But back to the question I asked, for the COBB springs I shouldn't have to do a camber just an allignment.

There is no way I am useing spacers thats just asking for trouble.

Nicolas

BUGEYES FOR LIFE
#7 Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Correct, get springs installed, and then try and get the alignment as soon after as possible, all should be well then.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"