Subaru WRX Forum banner

Slotted Rotors???

6K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  nagyhead 
#1 ·
Im looking to buy some slotted rotors and i need some help which are a good quality for the price? any i should stay away from and any that i should look at more than others???

stoptech sportstop slotted rotors?

any other brands?

appreciate the help guys!

thanks~

#36 ·
regularly is as needed. if you start feeling mushy pedal, bleed the system. its like oil. dont swap your oil every 3K miles because the manufacturer tells you to. swap it when it needs it.

The "asshat" behind the wheel and the dipshit that installed/maintained the brakes was me. All fluids were at optimal levels....:) The system I installed was brand new and properly broken in by me when all this occured. Rotora slotted rotors and axxis pads... Needless to say after it happened I contacted the company that I purchased the products though, complained and returned what seemed to be junk, reinstalled new brembo "OEM" rotors with hawk pads and everything was gravy.
its a steel disk with holes it in. no no, really. it that simple. as long as its machined to spec theres nothing to be broken. the weakest link in the chain is your brake bleeding friend. did he bleed them by himself?

Every brake thread always ends up with multiple pages, and someone with hurt feelings.
lets be honest here, it usually ends with me calling someone a retard.

#31 ·
The "asshat" behind the wheel and the dipshit that installed/maintained the brakes was me. All fluids were at optimal levels....:) The system I installed was brand new and properly broken in by me when all this occured. Rotora slotted rotors and axxis pads... Needless to say after it happened I contacted the company that I purchased the products though, complained and returned what seemed to be junk, reinstalled new brembo "OEM" rotors with hawk pads and everything was gravy.

#32 ·
Break fluid brands don't differ that much, that's not the point.

The point is air in the brake lines. It's all too simple that this "new" brake setup you had with it's massive rotors, disks, and pads simply wasn't told to stop due to air in the brake lines which seems to have happened during the switch. Thus causing fade way way way before it should have. This is yet another reason to leave things stock. It's easier to maintain and well maintained stock breaks work a hell of a lot better than super nice ones with too much air in the lines.

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
ill debate anything.

Considering your street only application, and referencing our vast library of brake threads, we can conclude that larger brake components provide no practical advantage what so ever. However, the larger components -in most cases- directly equates to additional weight. additional unsprung weight directly attached to your wheel assembly will negatively effect all aspects of the tires purpose; acceleration, braking, and turning. in addition, the rotor portion of the brake assembly rotates in conjunction with the wheel and creates additional weight and performances losses due to the nature of rotational mass. on this note, anyone who spends rather excessive quantities of cash on 'upgrades' regardless of their negative performance effects to simply gain what can only be surmised as a small visual modification easily fits into either the prominent Tool category or the slightly more revered Douche Bag category. which ever column claims your incompetence is, however, almost entirely inconsequential as your complete lack of understanding regarding the fundamentals of the vehicle you seem so inclined to modify is now exacerbated by shiny silver basketball sized rotors tucked behind your *EDIT* wheels. suffice is to say, you will be ridiculed and belittled by not only your peers but any individual who happens to glance in your general direction and has even the slightest understand of basic vehicle dynamics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.