Subaru WRX Forum banner

RSB rubbing after coilover install

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ColoWRXer 
#1 ·
So I installed some BC coilovers on my 05 WRX sedan a few days ago, they were used so I left them where the previous owner had them set up, which gave the car a very low ride height. I love the look and the performance, but last night I crawled under the car (i barely fit anymore) to make sure everything was alright and noticed some problems. I have a perrin RSB, stout mounts and endlinks. On the drivers' side the swaybar is rubbing the endlink and has already made a decent groove in the endlink. And on the passenger side the swaybar sits about 1/16 in above the lateral link. There are small wear marks on both the lateral link and the swaybar from where they contact when the suspension compresses.

I tried jacking the car up to see if increasing the ride height would fix the problems. I got the sway bar to where it sat about 3/8 in above the lateral link, but couldn't get the endlink to stop rubbing the swaybar.

I know the obvious answer here would be to adjust the coilovers to raise the car, but that doesn't seem to completely eliminate the rubbing issues and it defeats the purpose of having the coilovers. I don't think these parts were contacting before I installed the coilovers.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with simliar problems?

Any help or input is appreciated.

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.