RE92ís in the rain. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-10-2002, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Darkstar is an unknown
RE92ís in the rain.

I thought these tires were bad on dry roads, but there even worse in the rain. Its been raining up here long enough for me to test them out on the many twisty roads where I live. I really expected more from these tires in the rain, I mean it was down right frightening. One time I thought that I was going to fly right off the road, and I was not even going fast.

My familyís Outback with Dunlop SP 5,000 hold the road far better, and they have 18,000 miles on them. When I have the money Iím getting Dunlop SP 9,000s, until then I am just going to have to take it easy.

So what tires do you have right now?

One rex to rule them all, One rex to find them, One rex to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Subaru where the RE92s lie.

Last edited by Darkstar; 11-10-2002 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2002, 01:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostedBoxer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBoxer
i love the stock tires.......for everything except traction.....empty wet parking lots, glazed u-turns, etc......

traction wise they hold....ehh....in the dry

my mom(ack!) has 225 potenza s-03's.....driving her wagon is like driving a rock....its really hard to get the back end out....and i can take turns at 110(tho the wagon has BBAADDD body roll)...that id normally have to take at 85-90 in my sedan.....

-kris

"pure adrenaline attached to a license plate...isn't it time to experience one yourself?" - Dan Gurney

|-Boost Is Bliss-|
#3 Old 11-14-2002, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

silversurf is more helpful than not
Right now I have Sumitomo's HTR+'s on 17' OZ P1's and they hold better than the stock tires in rain and dry pavement. Not much loss in ride comfort either.
#4 Old 11-19-2002, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

homerbethy is an unknown
I am using Dunlop Sport SP 5000's on mine right now and have had some great success with them as far as poor weather traction and handling. The tires hold up great as far as abuse goers as well. Good tread wear left after many drifts.

ZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!