Question about sway bars - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-14-2011, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

ForsaknFrntman is an unknown
Question about sway bars

I'm looking at getting some Whiteline sway bars for my new '11 WRX and was wondering if there was a big difference between the adjustable ones and the fixed ones. I know I can get them in the same diameter in either type but I wanted to know more about if there are any advantages to having one over the other. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-16-2011, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I have adjustable Whiteline front and rear sway bars on my 07 WRX daily driver and I'm really glad I chose them over the fixed bars. The adjustable bars are slightly more expensive than the fixed bars, but it's really nice to be able to play around with the settings and dial them in to exactly where you want them. They're really easy to adjust (just a matter of loosening and then re-tightening a pair of bolts) and it's nice to be able to make them stiffer in the summer and softer in the winter (especially because I have dedicated summer and winter tires now).

John
07 WRX
#3 Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

ForsaknFrntman is an unknown
Just finished installing my Whiteline adjustable F/R sways with the Kartboy endlinks last night and they are GREAT!!! The stiffness is definitely noticeable over the stock setup IMHO and the car feels much more aggressive in even the tightest corners. Thanks for the advice man show!

Pics are posted!

Subaru WRX Forum: WRX Forums - ForsaknFrntman's Album: Swaybar upgrade

Jimmy - Boost. It does a body good.
#4 Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
No prob Bob - er, Jimmy. Glad you like them!

Nice pics too

John
07 WRX
#5 Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

nuri is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsaknFrntman View Post
Just finished installing my Whiteline adjustable F/R sways with the Kartboy endlinks last night and they are GREAT!!! The stiffness is definitely noticeable over the stock setup IMHO and the car feels much more aggressive in even the tightest corners. Thanks for the advice man show!

Pics are posted!

Subaru WRX Forum: WRX Forums - ForsaknFrntman's Album: Swaybar upgrade
From the picture, it looks like you only have the whiteline front sway bars with kartboy endlinks for both front and rear, is that right? You kept the stock rear sway bar? I'm thinking about a similar setup, that's why I'm asking.