Subaru WRX Forum banner

Porsche 6 pot front, 4 pot rear conversion

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fuapiti 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Well I'm new on this site, and am chasing as much info and pics on converting Porsche 6 pot brembos fronts and 4 pot rears to my wrx.

As I am in Australia there is not much info here so I hope someone can provide the info I need.

I have a set of 05 GT2 porsche brembo front calipers and need some guidence with choice of rotors and adapter plates required.

I figure I need 355mm (14") x 32mm rotors, 1 or 2 piece????

Not sure of the offset I'll need...brand???

I also have a set of 18" Works emotion CR Kai's fitted. By the looks of the pics on this site the setup should fit.

Info on the brake lines and brackets will be required as well.

Like I said, if someone knows something let me know, and send heaps of pics.

Cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
I've never heard of anyone doing this, that doesn't mean it cant be done, its just going to take alot of time, money and research.
my guess is that you'll need to make custom caliper brackets. I don't know of any companies making that. and you will need a rotor at least as thick as the rotor that the Porsche calipers came from. if the rotor is considerably thinner you risk the chance of the pistons popping out of the caliper when the pads wear down.

#4 ·
all i have to say is when you get it sorted out let me know what you had to do ### i've been thinking about doing the same thing just with a different year porsche brembos

#5 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Yeah, I think it'll be a nice conversion.

My WRX is well rounded with 230kw/atw from the ej20 STI engine (wish we had ej25's as an option), full Charge Speed body kit and Charge Speed carbon boot, wing, air vortex and hood. It's got custom black leather, and nealy everything suspension wise has been modified. So Big brakes are next on the list.

If you go to the forums, under the brakes catagory you'll find the post titled 6 pot BKK (I think) by bluetaxi.

These are the same calipers I have so it has been done, just need the know how.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

There's not that much info tho...pitty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.