Subaru WRX Forum banner

Perrin sway bar confusion??? 08 wrx

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  joystick 
#1 ·
Perrin says that their front and rear sway bars will work with the hatch and sedan. I was under the impression that it was not good to use hatch sways on a sedan. I was also looking at Cobb bars and they say hatch only. I was also thinking it could be the endlinks that make it work or something but i do not really know. I have a sedan and would like perrin sways and end links, is this the best match up out there and the best quality.

#3 ·
thats odd what kind of noise? and to me the endlinks look the same its a peice of metal lol, and whiteline doesnt look as legit of a company i mean come one perrin was in fast n the furious! jk that movie blew and im not buying a product just ### a movie haha.

#4 ·
I would trust Whiteline's products over any Perrin product hands down. And I have a LOT of Perrin crap on my car.

The noise he's speaking of is from the use of spherical bushings, whereas Whiteline uses a poly bushing. Depending on the tolerances of spherical when they are put together, they can cause issues with noise and it seems as though they had a bad batch since I've never had a problem with mine. Their older model sway bar is horrible. The bushing wear out every year, which causes squeaks, and worse yet, clunking noise in the rear end. Because they use Energy Suspension Bushings, I can only assume they poorly designed the bar or mount to cause unusual stress on the bushings. I have no clue about their updated stuff since I stopped buying from them. I've already gone thru 2 sets of those bushings. The noise from the endlinks were described to be a clunking noise also, but different cause in my case.

If you can't tell, I am very bitter with Perrin products, so keep that in mind when making your decision since I am a bit bias against them.

#5 ·
When it comes to endlinks I will take Kartboy and Whiteline products over Perrin. Also, the Whiteline is a very reputable company and when it comes to suspension products they have a much better reputation then perrin. So I would go with whitelines sways for sure. I agree with Vew, I don't trust Perrin suspension products...too many people have had problems with fitment, noisy endlinks, and their ALK is just crap.

However, when it comes to endlinks Karboy's are the best (basically indestructable and noise free) IMHO. But, they have limited offerings for the 08+WRX so you may have to go whiteline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.