Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Handling Tech (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   performance suspension option close to STi? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/performance-suspension-option-close-sti-672/)

HRTATAK 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

I'm not sure how much the 17 in. wheel package adds to the bill...but it has to be a lot...the BBS wheels alone will run you about $2500.. :o If you want 17 in. wheels, I would suggest aftermarket after you buy the car...you can get the Rota Subzero for only $550 a set.. :D

elgorey 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

the best suspension you are going to find for street (and track too) would probably be the M2 DMS 40mm coilovers. A whole lot more comfortable than any of the JDM coilovers or teins.
I believe they cost about the same as the (overpriced) STi suspension option.

shouldibuy1 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

more details..

wow...as far as your turbo goes, how much boost are you running now? any other major mods to deal with the upped boost? how much can be safely run on a stock engine w/ stock internals and all?

i'm thinking about ordering either a black wagon with upgraded suspension package and installing either a set of GAB coilovers or perhaps Ground Controls. I def. need something adjustable...

sorry, i'm somewhat new to the import scene. my mustang broke and i'm switching sides...

My major concern right now is aftermarket support/price and what options to get/not to get. but as far as i'm considered right now,....make mine a blue 5spd wagon w/o the 17inchers

also, how much are the opt. 17inch wheel package? i tried carpoint and it said "not listed"...and they are separate from the susp. package correct?

shouldibuy1 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

performance suspension option close to STi?

How close is the performance suspension option to the actual jdm STi?

I'm seriously considering ordering a rex but need to know the options before i plan mods 8)

I noticed some turbochargers for the WRX on Vivid Racing's site...and they seem pretty damn cheap (999?? 1799??)...has anyone had any experience with them? how much power increase from the stock turbo?

any insight would be greatly appreciated...

phast 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

performance suspension option close to STi?

[quote][i]Originally posted by "shouldibuy1"[/i]

How close is the performance suspension option to the actual jdm STi?
[/quote]
I believe the parts are the same. The STi may have a few more bushing upgrades, but the package as a whole is awesome. Every part that comes in the package is OEM on the STi. There may be a few parts left out, but it's a serious upgrade.

[quote]
I'm seriously considering ordering a rex but need to know the options before i plan mods 8)
[/quote]
You mean like factory options? Or aftermarket parts? Tell us the goals that you plan to achieve with the car and we can help.

[quote]
I noticed some turbochargers for the WRX on Vivid Racing's site...and they seem pretty damn cheap (999?? 1799??)...has anyone had any experience with them? how much power increase from the stock turbo?
[/quote]

See above. Which turbo in particular? I have a PE1820 on my car. It cost me $1550, but it flows about twice the air that the stocker can. It'll pump an efficient charge clear up to 24psi too. Some more specifics about what you want and we can help you out,