Subaru WRX Forum banner

New Wheels for our Subaru's?

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am pretty new to this forum since I have been on other forums most the time. But ran across these new wheel fitments that 949racing.com is producing. Since I also have there wheels on my miata track car I know how good there rims are. They call the new ones the 6ULR and a crazy light and cost less then anything else out there and the things is they are 17x9 and 17x10. 6ULR Wheels

Was wondering if the 48 offset would be good for our cars since it is a wider rim?

#3 ·
The website says the higher 63 offset version clears the 13" Wilwood. So I am guessing the 17x9 +48 with another 15mm of clearance should have tons of room so I think we are in business. I have a STI so when they are in since they are nearby I will see if I can test fit the rims and take pics.

#10 ·
This on a 2011 model.
17x9 +48 version
255/40 NT05's
Room for 20-30mm wider tires. 17x10 version would likely require a 5mm spacer up front and some fender rolling. Minimum axial clearance for caliper was about 12mm, about 15mm radial. Room for bigger brakes actually.

Emilio, this is Bill. My car is actually a 2010.

Everyone, there really was plenty of clearance all around. Plenty of room for a wider tire and even bigger brakes like he said.

#11 ·
Those are spectacular! The clearance is good enough and with that much offset you should be able to cram on 275/40R17 tires with stock 08+ STi fenders!

EDIT: I just checked your site there and it says you can choose 5x100 !!!OR!!! 5x114.3? There should be some extremely happy 2011 WRX folks with some seriously wide tires (I'd recommend 265/40R17). Wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.