Subaru WRX Forum banner

New Tires...

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  jharvwr 
#1 ·
Anyone use or know someone that has Falken Ziex 512's on their car?

I just bought some and am just curious of what to expect out of them in the snow. :)

#4 ·
I have them on my Summer Wheels currently. They are decent tires. The rears have very bad wear on the outside edge due to my rear/rear lateral links bending. I had them on the car when it snowed last year and they did ok. They hold on to the road well and stopped fine in the snow. I now have BFG g-Force T/A KDWS on my stockers now which are better in the Michigan muck. Of course they salt the hell out of the roads here so we don't see a lot of snow to drive in which is why I've never wanted to get a straight snow tire.

#5 ·
Cool guys, thanks for the input.

Nagy, unfortunately, I have to this year, which sucks. :notgood: I don't have a beater to drive anymore. !Notfunny!

So, the WRX gets it...lol.

#7 ·
Just an update, still no snow, but alot of rain. These tires have nice grip in the rain, but are very noisy compared to the stock ones and my Hankooks.

So far, the Hankooks are winning in the comparison. In almost every facet, except for the fact that I know the Kooks would suck in the snow.

#10 ·
9d2TSi said:
Anyone use or know someone that has Falken Ziex 512's on their car?

I just bought some and am just curious of what to expect out of them in the snow. :)
I had them and loved em!Did pretty ggod in the snow(as good as an all-season can).This time around i decided to give a set of Kumho Escta ASX's a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.