Subaru WRX Forum banner

momo wheels

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
so my friend has a 98 beetle. and she got a flat tire and drove with it, destroyed the tire, i'm not sure about the rim. she doesn't want these rims i looked up 98 beetle it has 5X100 bolt pattern but i'm not sure about the offset on them, the rims are kinda rashed up, which is a shame they were pretty nice before she drove it :notgood: i'm just wondering if you think 1) the first rim is still good, 2) they would be worth trying to sand the curb rash down on them and maybe repaint gold or black after, 3) how much you think they would be worth still for the rims the way they are even if they dont fit on a wrx just to resell anyways. here are the pics :
three of the wheels are still decent. obviously the first one is gonzo.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thats not enough/too much depending on how you look at it. I believe that stock is around +55 and you want to be as close to that as possible +/- 10. Or that is what I found when I was doing my research on my first set. I just got my Enkeis mounted, they are +45, and they are kind of close to the caliper, but of course mine are bigger than previous years. But like you said, worse thing is, you try them on and they dont fit. Let us know the outcome.

#5 ·
02 WRX is +53. I'd wager they would clear your calipers. The question though is if the hub from the VW is big enough. Lower offset HELPS brake clearance (and strut clearance) but means it'll stick out further towards your fenders. If you don't mind running narrow tires, you should be fine with these offset wise. I'm assuming they're 16" or 17". Value is hard to determine without more sizing and weight info. If they're like 16x6" or something, must suby guys wouldn't use them.

#6 ·
they are 17's i am not sure i didn't measure them, they looked pretty wide to me though. next time i go to her house i'll try to put one on. i dunno she said the guy she boght the car from said they were like 500 a rim when he bought them. seems pretty steep though, maybe 500 with tires.. but even so i don't think i would pay her more than like 500 for all of them i mean i can get gold rota's on ebay for like 700 plus shipping, i just thought they would look good if i painted them some kind of black and maybe a clear coat on top.. i dunno if they would look good gold. so if i was to put a new tire on the blown one if the other 3 are half worn this could wreck my differential since they are slightly different sizes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.