lowering spring that wont eff up my shocks does it exist? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
yea i happen to have a small place in my heart for the JDM slant...

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
I have never understood why anyone would want an exhaust to sit at a slant or have that burnt blue titanium tip. To me that screams....

Maybe I am just older than you guys (I am 28). I just find stuff like that to be in poor taste and too over the top. How old are you all, if you don't mind me asking?
post #33 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
i'm 26...i dont know why i like it. It just looks pretty mean. I can do without the blue tip though.

-Randy
post #34 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 06:12 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Im 26. I agree with you c2bcool. I used to have a "JDM Style" exhaust. It was cool for a little while. But the look and sound (to me) got annoying. My wife is 22 and she doesnt like the slant exhaust either.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #35 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
i dont like the fart can sound...just the LOOK of it...thats all purely LOOKS. dosent matter...i have 2 exhaust cut outs anyway....hehe

-Randy
post #36 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
im 21 (22 in a month or so) and i like my slant. its not terribly slanted like a 90 degree angle or something but just a slight kink to it. i love the sound compared to my old borla. that was a train wreck of an exhaust from the get go. i just have a can but with no blue super hot ring on the tip. thats just terrible.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
post #37 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by srninjastar View Post
im 21 (22 in a month or so) and i like my slant. its not terribly slanted like a 90 degree angle or something but just a slight kink to it. i love the sound compared to my old borla. that was a train wreck of an exhaust from the get go. i just have a can but with no blue super hot ring on the tip. thats just terrible.
!Laugh! Ha! I love my Borla twin tip. It looks "stock" for the most part, and sounds like a Harley. I'm 31, so the fart cannon isn't really my style. Even on my old Integra I ran a rolled tip on my exhaust.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #38 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

the borla wasnt a twin tip it was a 2.5 inch cat back meant for the stock dp. i later modified it so it would fit but then it just went to hell. thats why i got the one i have on now.

before

after

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #39 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Borla, Perrin, Variant, and GP Moto, each make a twin tip exhaust. And each also make a single tip version. My 05 has a GP Moto twin tip just like Nagyhead, looks stock, but dang get on that thing, its MEAN.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #40 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
There is also the Maddad Whisper (twin tip or single) and Stromung makes a nice twin tip too. Personally, I have a Borla Hush and it sounds pretty mean. The only thing I don't like about it is that you get a little bit of the highway drone.
post #41 of 70 Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 PM

Also good choices from what I have read. The ones listed above are just ones I have heard/seen in person from other subies that I used to hang out with.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #42 of 70 Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I just turned 25 and I absolutely love the look of my exhaust - I think it looks like my car is smoking a big fat cigar from the back. I like how the burnt titanium tip adds the slightest bit of color to my otherwise black car. I like how the carbon fiber-wrapped canister matches the black paint and the black carbon build-up inside the tip of the canister. I also like this style exhaust on just about any "high-end" (I'm sure you all know what I mean) import - WRX, Supra, Evo, RX-7, S-2000 (yes, I realize I included a Honda in this list), several Nissan models, etc.

However, not every type of car can get away with this style exhaust - 6 cyl Mustangs, Impalas, Maximas, to name a few. What I especially do NOT like is when people buy a cheap-o canister at their local auto parts store and clamp it on to their beat up Civic or other "low-end" (again, you all know what I mean) sport-compact and sometimes bend their pipe slightly to mimic the look. My favorite ones are the ones that are aimed slightly down because they simply don't fit under the car - NOT.

Don't get me wrong though, I definitely love a decent sounding twin tip or stealth black cat back on a WRX. I'd still like to think that if I ever get pulled over and am issued a fix-it ticket for my big-momma canister, I'll jump on the twin-tip train or go with a black stealth exhaust. Since high school, I have always noticed modded cars in parking lots and on the street and I have always wanted to have one. I just feel like now is my time to start building one - hence, I chose an in-your-face exhaust, and so far, I have no regrets.
Attached Images

John
07 WRX
post #43 of 70 Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

nice ride. nice poster in the back

Keshav (kay-shuv)
post #44 of 70 Old 11-11-2009, 02:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
srninjastar, you are correct. The single tip Borla sounded like a$$. I ran it for about two weeks before I contacted Borla and they exchanged it for the dual tip.

The difference is the resonator they put on the twin tip.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #45 of 70 Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

thing is i bought it used for $99 so it wasnt really that big of a deal...well it was when it started sounding like crap. its sitting in my garage, along with the sti axle back that came on my car when i got it.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement