Just got a STI - Swaybars?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-18-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

STI-LOS is an unknown
Just got a STI - Swaybars??

Hey guys well I picked up a 06 STI love it... My question is this I have searched and found alot on swaybars but wondering which ones to go with. I was thinking of Whitelines 24mm front and rear with Endlinks or the Hotchkis Comp kit. I will do some autoX but mainly its my DD and I have alot of twisty fun roads where I live so I really want to stiffen up the suspension for that. Which bars should I do? Also are the ALK needed on the STI? Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-19-2008, 05:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Boostbuddy Send a message via Yahoo to Boostbuddy
With AutoX'ing nice thick front and rear sway bars are good to go (with end links)...but coil overs will really stiffen the ride up a lot and make those twisty's fun as well.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-19-2008, 11:56 AM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I think 24mm adj bars front/rear would be a good place to start w/ a STi- gives you lots of options for tuning

if your thinking about autox then skip the ALK- it's bumps you into a prepared class (and I don't mean street prepared)- that's not a class you can be competitive in.

thoroughly (and I mean very thoroughly) research class allowances, I see lots of folks bolting on all sorts of bits/pieces only to find at a later date it knocks them out of the class they would like to compete

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
post #4 of 4 Old 01-19-2008, 02:54 PM
XRT
WRXtuners Member

XRT is an unknown
Yeah Check your class restriction, it can be frustrating to not compete in the class you expected. But both Cobb and Perrin make great 25 mm products, You really want spherical bearing endlinks from either Cobb or Perrin.

Good luck!