if you do the following- get an alignment - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-02-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
if you do the following- get an alignment

I've proven this to myself twice- this time the easy way, the last time not so easy

if you remove/mess w/ lateral links/trailing links/struts/front control arms- GET an alignment. even if you haven't touched any adjustment(s) you could easily find your toe substantially off- toe substantially off will likely give you a darty drive and eat your tires

case in point (this would be the hard lesson ) last year I removed the long outer lateral link bolt to mount up Poltec "box" sway links- I never touched the inner bolts which adj toe- figured remove it, re-install it, torque to spec- no hram-no foul- wrong. I ended nearly ruining a expensive of "summer" tires. Had it aligned- yup- toe was whacked.

fast forward to today- replaced my front control arms over the weekend - never touched the strut bolts or the camber plates- should be fine (but remembers hard lesson learned last year )- had it aligned today- while the camber #'s were almost spot on from before the toe was very whacked- I would have runied a new set of tires had I decided to ignore my previosu lesson.

<-- occasionally learns a lesson

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement