Subaru WRX Forum banner

How to lift the rear? help

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jwtarbaj 
#1 ·
I have the kyb gr2 shocks and in the rear the wheel gap is like nothing and the front is way higher. Yes the car is even with the ground but i dont like the wheel gap like that. All i wanna do is raise the rear about 1/4 to 1/2 in. How can i do that???? Heres a pic to show the wheel gap.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
IMO best way to really get control of the ride height, if you're not okay with stock, is to get new springs altogether, or get some coilovers. I had some coilovers on my old '02, and it actually rode surprisingly smoothly even with 18" wheels. The big thing is to make sure that you get real springs. . . don't go with cheap eBay ones. . . unless they're a brand name off eBay. Most of the lowering kits lower the front more than the back. . . I don't know if this helps you feel better, but the reason the front looks "higher" is because the front wheel well has to be bigger for the wheels to turn. So it's the difference in wheel well size, not height. But I do understand what you mean about having them look similar. Hope that helps. Plan on about $200 or so for good springs, and the GR-2s should do great with the lower stance. Get a 4 wheel alignment which aught to cost around 120 if I remember correctly.

#9 ·
The "Saggy Butt" shims are for 04+ people trying to use 02-03 struts. They're not for this application.

Why does your rear end sit lower? Because it's designed that way. Why should your rims be the same width? Because it's designed that way. Gah, I'll shut up.

#10 ·
Sorry Mosc but you are just plain wrong. They are not intended for 04+ folks using 02-03 suspension.

"These spacers will help level that saggy butt of your Subaru Impreza. These spacers go on top of your top hat and are sandwitched in between the body and the top hat. Also slightly increases wedge of the car which will help with high speed stability." quoted from TiC

Basically you can use them to just balance your wheel gap or to help compensate if you choose sedan springs for a wagon.

Applying your logic why did you put all those parts on your car? It was designed to be how it was before you modded.

There is NOTHING wrong with using these spacers. If the issue is that it says they are for 04+ here you go ..:::pARANOID FABRICATIONS:::... Paranoid Fabrications makes them for 02-03 specifically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.