Hotchkis vs. Whiteline sways - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-03-2009, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
Hotchkis vs. Whiteline sways

Hey guys, just looking for some opinions on pros and cons of Hotchkis vs Whitline sways for my 07 wagon. I have been looking at the Hotchkis wagon comp setup which includes hollow front and rear bars (the rear is adj.), endlinks with grease ports, and mounts. I was also looking to piece together a Whiteline setup with all the same pieces.

From what I have seen the Pros of the Hotchkis is the grease ports and they are about $200 cheaper than the Whitelines.

The cons of the Hotchkis is the front bar is not adj.

Pros with Whiteline is adj. front bar, and good reviews that I have read.

Cons with Whitlines are the end links dont have grease ports.

Also any differance between hollow vs solid sways?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
I have only heard great things about Whiteline bars, but I would recommend KB endlinks over the whiteline endlinks due to the noise

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
post #3 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Yes there is a difference b/t hollow and solid sways. A solid sway will be stiffer. Basically a 25mm hollow sway is approximately equivalent to a 23.5mm solid sway.

So it really depends on what you want the sways for. If its just to firm up a DD then hollow is fine, but if your big into AutoX then the Whitelines would be a better choice. Also, I agree with Shamrock get some Kartboy endlinks ($200 for both front and rear sets and they are beefy/badass).
post #4 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
Thanks guys I am going to be tracking the car as much as time allows. The spring rates on the coilovers I am running are 8k front and 6k rear. I chose those spring rates because it is a part time DD and I didnt want anything too stiff. I have been told with softer springs you need beefier sways, is that true? I have seen pics of cars with these same spring rates with there rear tire off the ground in a sharp turn. What size sway should I run in the rear the adj. 22 or the adj. 24?
post #5 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

As for what size bar to run in the rear, that really depends on how you want your car to handle (more oversteer vs. more understeer).

Contact TIC (ask for Clint) they are regarded as the suspension gurus in the subie world.

Helping you to enjoy your car - Turn In Concepts

Also, TIC has some of the best prices and free shipping.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
c2, I see your from Flordia. Any opinion on BC racing coilovers
post #7 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyster505 View Post
c2, I see your from Flordia. Any opinion on BC racing coilovers
BC coilovers are made in Taiwan. They are on the lower to mid end of coilovers. However, they are known to be better than Megan or Helix coilovers. Many people like them.

Personally, when it come to coilovers I like ones designed for the European Market as they will offer a better ride.

My choice for coilovers (under $2500):

TIC/AST Coilovers: TiC Spec SST Coilovers - 5x100 application Turn In Concepts

If price was not a concern then:

Öhlins Sportline Coilover ($3500): http://racecompengineering.com/item....%2C+and+Shocks

But, as I stated in an earlier post for most people coilovers are overkill and nicely paired spring/strut combo will cost less and even out perform cheap coilovers.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
I was going to go with koni inserts with lowewring springs in the first place, but i didnt want to butcher my og struts. I have a friend who works at the local dealership who is looking for some old ones that I can cut up, but he hasn't come across any yet. Is there any camber plates that I could use for the orginal struts or will camber bolts do the trick? One more question I have a friend with a bugeye wagon that is about to replace her struts. Will they fit on a 07?
post #9 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
please dont install cut springs in your car. That's the old honda way of modding cars.

+1 on the kartboy endlinks and whiteline sways.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #10 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
Ha Ha... Dont worry that most def was not the plan. I was looking at a few diffrent springs like the whitelines, eibach pro kit, sti pinks, etc. I was looking for something that would get me at around 14" to 13.5" hub to fender height.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyster505 View Post
I was going to go with koni inserts with lowewring springs in the first place, but i didnt want to butcher my og struts. I have a friend who works at the local dealership who is looking for some old ones that I can cut up, but he hasn't come across any yet. Is there any camber plates that I could use for the orginal struts or will camber bolts do the trick? One more question I have a friend with a bugeye wagon that is about to replace her struts. Will they fit on a 07?
If your worried about cutting the stock struts then get some Tokico Dspecs.

As for the bugeye struts I am not sure about the wagons. I know the sedan bugeye struts could be used with the TIC spacers (ie just like how the Dspecs are designed for the 02-03 and can be used in an 04+ with the spacers).

Trust me, contact TIC and they can really help you out and answer all your questions. They are the suspension gurus in the subie world.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

shyster505 is an unknown
Thanks for all the info. Its kinda making my head spin though. But i guess its better to have too much info than not enough.