Subaru WRX Forum banner

handling experts needed!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 wrx and was in an accident 6 months ago. I was taking a hard right turn and understeered into and up a curb. The whole left side suspension of my car was destroyed. Insurance payed me $8,000 for repairs, I did all the labor myself. I ended up having to replace both sway bars and endlinks, both wheels, both wheel bearing, lateral links, trailing arm, control arm and both left struts. I used the labor money they paid me to replace almost everything with aftermarket parts
(cobb sways, KB endlinks, BC sports BR type coilovers, 17x8 wheels, whiteline adjustable lateral links, etc). When I finally had it all put together and aligned they were able to get everything to my specs (-1.5 degrees front camber, -1 degree rear camber, 0 toe all around). I have camber plates on all 4 corners and camber bolts in the back. The only camber plate the tech had to adjust was the front left and he didn't have to adjust it much.

Just a little background info haha. My questions is: I recently noticed that it looks like my front subframe is slightly bent. if you look at it from the front it is not quite parallel with the ground and has a very slight bend that makes it look like ^ . I'm thinking this is the reason the tech had to used my LF camber plate to get that wheel in spec.

My question is, if I replace the subframe should everything come back together and be true once again or does this indicate unibody damage as well?

Thanks for any help. The car feels great but a little unstable at speed, I'm hoping this will fix it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Frame questions are really hard to answer. Some bends are catastrophic, others are easily fixable. You really need to take it to somebody who knows the difference, and in person. Speculation isn't going to be that constructive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.