Subaru WRX Forum banner

Goodbye OEM rims

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Well I had recently posted that i was getting these exact wheels but in the color gold. Well I was snuffed by the guy who was selling them. I came across these wheels on craigslist thur and happy i did. The individual that sold me this set gave me a great deal on the pkg. The wheels came with tires, Pirelli Zero Nero M+S w/11k on them. I also have a spare rim due to a blemished finish on one wheel, its not really noticeable unless your looking for it. The color is Anthracite and agrees with red IMO. I told the individual i most likely wont put them on till i lower the car, well i couldnt wait actually so i installed them last night. Im racking my brain on what springs to get.

P.S. Seller thanks again, and thats one Sick 08 SPK Silver STi. !Thumbs Up

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks yes im in the market for springs. I dont feel the need to spend 1-2 grand on coilovers. I do understand its really a proper way of lowering a car other then just springs. But ya know...Im leaning more towards some STi pinks even though its a 10mm drop on 08+. Genuinesubaru.com has a killer deal on them also. $158 for the set fwd/rear. Do you have any suggestions? Im been trying to weigh my options look/comfort/performance. I might call H&R or Eibach and talk to their reps.

#5 ·
Its fine to get springs, but also look into matching them with some nice shocks/struts. Stiffer springs will wear out your stock ones faster. The biggest benefit to coilovers is the adjustable aspect. But if you dont track often you really dont need that.

#6 ·
You can also try and get some adjustable shocks, though they can be more than coilovers a lot of times. I used tein h-techs and kyb agx shocks for a while and they proved to be "spirited" during autocross and track days. I am now changing to coilovers when I get back from Baghdad here shortly, and am looking forward to the change.

#7 ·
Ahh yes deployment. My Subaru would be a wrap if I ever go on deployment. Just changed platforms so im in a whole different side of the navy. Ill have to say when I do and come back with some serious saved money from a det this car will be paid for.

#9 ·
Doesn't the Navy "deploy" more often than us Army guys? I mean, everytime you go to sea is some sort deployment right?

This time I paid off a TON of debt and now have an 18G, FMIC, and a host of other goodies.....BTW, we are making double cream, my wife is deployed too ;)

#11 ·
Well I have to say US army dets or deployments are much more longer. 2nd part of your Q is correct. I for one never been boned in a sence that my det was extended. I know its happened, 6 month cruise turning into a 9/10/11 month cruise. My last det in 07 was at a air base in Iraq, it lasted 7 mos extended one month, which is not too harsh in a boning. Plus compared to boat standards it was like being at the Hilton Inn, well when the generators didnt decide to crap out in the midst of +100 degree temp. The Army guys that I interacted with deploy for 18 mos. I havent had a shore/sea rotation go bad..Yet. I now work on an aircraft that doesent go to the boat in the navy. I yet to deploy with my sqad but when I do i will pocket some good money but with that said earned of course. What branch are you in?

P.S. I feel the need to put out infanty/grunts/field men..my hats off to you. <--if that even applys to fellow forum members.

#12 ·
Im an aircraft mechanic myself (15G-body mechanic), I have done two 15 month deployments. Not too bad being in aviation. I have had my ups and downs with it. I have a cousin who is an E-7 or E-8 in the Navy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.