good tires? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-02-2003, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

tommy is an unknown
good tires?

any advice on what kind of street tires to get for my wrx that are around $400 to $500
im kinda new to performance cars, i had 2 trucks till i got my wrx so i have no idea what a good set of tires are
i heard BFgoodwrench gforce is a pretty good tire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-09-2003, 10:47 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
g force is a mediocre tire, not worth the $. For real close to the $500 mark you could be into some real good tires- I can personally recommend both the Bridgestone S03 or the Toyo T1S- these are both high performance tires that will perform well wet or dry. Tires are the most importnat investment you can makke in a performance car, not only will they help you turn, they will help you stop! Putting either of these tires on will significantly improve the handling of your vehicle.

Big Sky
post #3 of 13 Old 02-09-2003, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

HRTATAK is an unknown
What about the Toyo FZ4s? This is the tire I was considering.
post #4 of 13 Old 02-10-2003, 04:15 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm not a big advocate of all season tires (like hi po tires in the summer and dedicated snow tires in winter), but for some they make the most sense and the FZ4 by all accounts is a good one. I don't have personal experience w/ that tire, just based on reading and accounts from others.

They will not be in the same catagory as the S03 or T1S however, but if an all season makes the best sense for your uses I think it is a good one.

Big Sky
post #5 of 13 Old 02-14-2003, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

HRTATAK is an unknown
Where can I find the SO3s at a good price? Tirerack has them for $148. Any places cheaper?
post #6 of 13 Old 02-17-2003, 08:13 PM
WRXpert

Here's something I do frequently, I take tirerack's (or other low price) to local dealers and give them a chance to match it. They frequently do (don't forget shipping costs too).

Tirerack is usuallu pretty competetive.

Big Sky
post #7 of 13 Old 02-20-2003, 08:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

DJSpaghetto69 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to DJSpaghetto69
S-03'S are the best tires in my opinion. Once you get them, you will never look @ a crappy tire again. BTW, if you do get them, make sure you break them in.

JDMness... Yum!
post #8 of 13 Old 03-11-2003, 09:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

IMPREZvWRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to IMPREZvWRX
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Sky
I'm not a big advocate of all season tires (like hi po tires in the summer and dedicated snow tires in winter), but for some they make the most sense and the FZ4 by all accounts is a good one. I don't have personal experience w/ that tire, just based on reading and accounts from others.

They will not be in the same catagory as the S03 or T1S however, but if an all season makes the best sense for your uses I think it is a good one.

Big Sky
I had the FZ4s on my old car. Wet traction wasn't too hot with them and dry traction was ok. They didn't last very long though, the treadlife is low.

Chris
post #9 of 13 Old 03-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to conejo
anyone recomends yokohama parada spec 2?
or any better?
post #10 of 13 Old 03-25-2003, 07:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
How bout Pirellis

I have Pirelli P7000 Supersports...

They seem to do pretty well wet or dry (wet performance needed in OHIO), .. of course i'm just comparing them agaist the stock tires, which are junk in my opinion. I run dedicated snow tires in the winter too.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-27-2003, 02:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

redtangent is an unknown
i had the prada spec 2s on my old car, they weren't bad but i still liked the kuhmo ecsta supra 712s that i had before them, they don't last very long though but man did they grab in the corners.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-27-2003, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

topDog is an unknown
hey rexronald? where u got that bodykit from?
post #13 of 13 Old 03-27-2003, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Erebuni Inc.

Bought it online from www.erebuni.net

Its looks not to bad, he? But forewarning, not easy on the install, and difficulties opening my rear doors. (they catch just slightly on the side panels)... But well worth it for all the lookers i get... people stare and turn heads all the time..... I get thumbs up and people's mouths wide open, and "what the heck kind of car is that".... I love it... really cool.. also forewarning though... PIA when it comes to curbs, slanted ups and downs out of parking lots, and no off-roading option once its on. Cost about $800 unpainted, unprepped. about $1400 when it was all said an done, and i put the sides on myself. Front/rear is fiberglass and i had significant help from my buddy who does body work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement