Front Sways, or no? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

KawBoyz11 is an unknown
Front Sways, or no?

Im ordering my rear sway bars soon(Cusco 22mm) and was wondering if i should order the front as well? Ive heard many arguments that fronts are good, and many that fronts are bad. Also, if i get front sways should i get front endlinks or leave the stock ones? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-06-2008, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

ColoWRXer is more helpful than not
i'm not claiming to be an expert but i think the wrx is decently balanced stock. i personally went with a rear sway and kept the front stocker. my reasoning being that the car, however balanced it might be, tends to understeer. stiffening up the rear end helps to take some of that understeer away. lots of people go for both front and rear sways though, i'm assuming they are trying to keep the car more balanced.

the front endlinks are metal whereas the backs are plastic. you definitely need rear endlinks with an aftermarket sway, but not necessarily front ones....not that it would be a bad idea.

like i said, i'm no expert and i'd get more opinions from some of the more senior members here.
#3 Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
well here's the deal are cars sport a MacPherson strut setup and one of the biggest down sides to this arrangement (vs say a double wishbone) is that in a turn we lose a bunch of camber (turns positive) this isn't good because you lose grip- especially in the front. how do you over come this- a couple of ways- run more static negative camber (always a good idea), run firmer spring spring rates (another good idea) and/or run a bigger front sway bar

I'd highly recommend upgrading both ends- as stated above if you have a sedan no real need to upgrade sway links in the front- rear yes (or a wagon then yes in the front too)

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa