Subaru WRX Forum banner

Front Sway Bar Noise

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
I recently had a Cobb front sway bar replaced on my 04 WRX because they last one snapped. Now I hear noise (clunking) coming from the front end near the front drivers side wheel when I hit bumps. I don't really hear it when I'm accelerating, usually when I'm going slower. I have attached a few pics. Any idea what the problem might be? They said it is installed correctly and that the bolts are tight...help!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It's hard to tell... If it's not hitting anything then the endlinks are the culprit.. I would double check the torque on the bolts (I tightened mine to 40 ft-lbs) and make sure those are good. If they are tight, then it's inside the ball joints of the endlinks themselves. Not necessarily a bad thing but they shouldn't be doing that.

Also not sure if it matters but maybe they put the links in upside down?

#8 ·
Have a buddy bounce the car up and down to see if you can duplicate the sound and see where it is comming from. You will have to do this with the car on the ground with the wheels on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.