End links, sway bar and mount? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
End links, sway bar and mount?

I have an 03 WRX Sedan. My rear end links are wore out and need replaced. I'm thinking of getting Whiteline KLC 26 end links. While I'm at it I was thinking of getting new sways and sway bar mounts for the rear also. This is what I'm looking at...

Whiteline
Sway bar 22mm, BSR36Z
End links, KLC26
Sway bar mount, KBR21-22

Does anyone see a problem with this setup? I heard there was a recall on the bar I picked. Is the recall over? Did they fix it?

What would be a good size front bar to go with? Do I even need a front sway bar? Why?/Why not?

Should I get front end links as well? I heard the stock front end links are pretty dang good.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
[QUOTE=Fidrat;278897]I have an 03 WRX Sedan. My rear end links are wore out and need replaced. I'm thinking of getting Whiteline KLC 26 end links. While I'm at it I was thinking of getting new sways and sway bar mounts for the rear also. This is what I'm looking at...

Whiteline
Sway bar 22mm, BSR36Z
End links, KLC26
Sway bar mount, KBR21-22

Does anyone see a problem with this setup? No. I heard there was a recall on the bar I picked. Is the recall over? Did they fix it? Have no clue about this

What would be a good size front bar to go with? Depends on your driving style, I personally liked a large rear bar (24mm)and a bit larger for the front (22mm)

Do I even need a front sway bar? Why?/Why not? I would try just the rear bar for now, and adjust it based on your driving style, if those adjustment still don't help your turn-in, then get a front bar to assist.

Should I get front end links as well? I heard the stock front end links are pretty dang good. They are OK, but with an upgraded front bar, the links WILL break sooner or later (especially with how YOU drive).[/QUOTE]

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I personally don't think you need upgraded mounts. I've done both and the stock ones seem perfectly fine. Obviously if you're going to be down there and do want to change them now, it's better to do it all at once. As for a FSB, I prefer more of a neutral handling car which is why I have matching front and rear bars. But again, it's all about preference. Like Paul said, try it out and see how you like it. A lot of people like a little bit of oversteer.

Just curious, how on earth does your rear endlinks wear out? It's defiantly something I'd change regardless of wear, but this is the first time I've heard of this happening.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#4 Old 04-16-2012, 01:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Just curious, how on earth does your rear endlinks wear out?

I'm not sure how it happened. Would getting it airborne have something to do with it? Maybe I should use more brake before a turn. My 1st set of brake pads lasted 81,000mi. All I know is when I got my alignment I asked the tech to look for anything loose on the left side rear. I heard some clunking and bunking back there. He grabbed the bar and it moved up and down in the endlinlk bushings quite a bit.(The hole was oval) The right one too but not as much as the left.

I've also been through 3 steering rack bushings before I got Whiteline bushings and I wore out the u-joints in the shaft that connects the rack to the column.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.

Last edited by Fidrat; 04-16-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: incomplete
#5 Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
For a 22mm bar you don't need to upgrade links (24 mm you do), though with age taken into account they should be replaced while you're in there.
#6 Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

lookie what I found!

Whiteline Issues Product Safety Recall for Subaru Sway Bars

#7 Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I like that it add balance to the chassis handling to go with a matched set, even though this approach is more expensive.

Here's a COBB example:

Subaru 02-07 WRX Front & Rear Anti-Sway Bar Kit
Attached Images

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return