Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Handling Tech (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   End links, sway bar and mount? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/end-links-sway-bar-mount-32370/)

Fidrat 04-15-2012 11:01 PM

End links, sway bar and mount?

I have an 03 WRX Sedan. My rear end links are wore out and need replaced. I'm thinking of getting Whiteline KLC 26 end links. While I'm at it I was thinking of getting new sways and sway bar mounts for the rear also. This is what I'm looking at...

Whiteline
Sway bar 22mm, BSR36Z
End links, KLC26
Sway bar mount, KBR21-22

Does anyone see a problem with this setup? I heard there was a recall on the bar I picked. Is the recall over? Did they fix it?

What would be a good size front bar to go with? Do I even need a front sway bar? Why?/Why not?

Should I get front end links as well? I heard the stock front end links are pretty dang good.

pzr2874 04-16-2012 05:56 AM

[QUOTE=Fidrat;278897]I have an 03 WRX Sedan. My rear end links are wore out and need replaced. I'm thinking of getting Whiteline KLC 26 end links. While I'm at it I was thinking of getting new sways and sway bar mounts for the rear also. This is what I'm looking at...

Whiteline
Sway bar 22mm, BSR36Z
End links, KLC26
Sway bar mount, KBR21-22

Does anyone see a problem with this setup? [B]No.[/B] I heard there was a recall on the bar I picked. Is the recall over? Did they fix it? [B]Have no clue about this[/B]

What would be a good size front bar to go with? [B]Depends on your driving style, I personally liked a large rear bar (24mm)and a bit larger for the front (22mm)[/B]

Do I even need a front sway bar? Why?/Why not? [B]I would try just the rear bar for now, and adjust it based on your driving style, if those adjustment still don't help your turn-in, then get a front bar to assist.[/B]

Should I get front end links as well? I heard the stock front end links are pretty dang good. [B]They are OK, but with an upgraded front bar, the links WILL break sooner or later (especially with how YOU drive).[/[/B]QUOTE]

Vew 04-16-2012 12:25 PM

I personally don't think you need upgraded mounts. I've done both and the stock ones seem perfectly fine. Obviously if you're going to be down there and do want to change them now, it's better to do it all at once. As for a FSB, I prefer more of a neutral handling car which is why I have matching front and rear bars. But again, it's all about preference. Like Paul said, try it out and see how you like it. A lot of people like a little bit of oversteer.

Just curious, how on earth does your rear endlinks wear out? It's defiantly something I'd change regardless of wear, but this is the first time I've heard of this happening.

Fidrat 04-16-2012 01:39 PM

Just curious, how on earth does your rear endlinks wear out?

I'm not sure how it happened. Would getting it airborne have something to do with it? Maybe I should use more brake before a turn. My 1st set of brake pads lasted 81,000mi. All I know is when I got my alignment I asked the tech to look for anything loose on the left side rear. I heard some clunking and bunking back there. He grabbed the bar and it moved up and down in the endlinlk bushings quite a bit.(The hole was oval) The right one too but not as much as the left.

I've also been through 3 steering rack bushings before I got Whiteline bushings and I wore out the u-joints in the shaft that connects the rack to the column.

brfatal 04-16-2012 04:19 PM

For a 22mm bar you don't need to upgrade links (24 mm you do), though with age taken into account they should be replaced while you're in there.

Fidrat 12-12-2012 06:58 PM

lookie what I found!

[url=http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/articletype/articleview/articleid/2131/whiteline-issues-product-safety-recall-for-subaru-sway-bars.aspx]Whiteline Issues Product Safety Recall for Subaru Sway Bars[/url]

LW_Black4 04-24-2013 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like that it add balance to the chassis handling to go with a matched set, even though this approach is more expensive.

Here's a COBB example:

Subaru 02-07 WRX Front & Rear Anti-Sway Bar Kit