Subaru WRX Forum banner

EBC red stuff

18K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
Well its been 350 miles on the new front brakes and WOW. EBC makes one hell of a product and the red stuff is no exception. Installtion and fitment was superb. Zero fade and great initial bit was so good it took a little getting used to. Its a little to soon to see any abrasion to the rotors but so far Its a friendly match. The Brembo OEM rotors were super easy to install. Not much inprovment in that department but a over all good buy. Hands down EBC well have a loyal user for a long time. I highly recomened This pads for the every-day driver wanting a better setup. I have just order the rear set and looking forword to the install and fun at the track!Thumbs Up

#8 ·
The new (version 2) Redstuff pads are actually a "fast road pad" (for cars with +220 hp, according to EBC). The Yellowstuff pads are their current race line. I have the newer Redstuff pads on my '07 as a daily driver and have nothing but good things to say about them, superb product.

#7 ·
I have used EBC green, red, and yellow. I have also used Hawk HPS and Hawk blue. If you are using the pads for a daily driver and no track time then I would recommend the EBC green or the Hawk HPS. EBC red and yellow and Hawk blue are race compound pads and will eat your rotors. Not to mention make a lot of noise if they are not up to temp. If you are doing any track time then I would reccomend the Hawk blue. EBC pads tend to break apart as the day goes on.
Oh yeah and you need to change the lines that's a must with any brake upgrade.

#9 ·
Complete truth.

Red's should not be driven on the streets. They simply do not heat up and reach correct temperature to stop your car at it's maximum capability. That's not to say they are a bad product, they are not intended for street cars.

I prefer the hawk HPS to the EBC green purely because the hawk pad gives a pink dust which is easy to identify. They perform very similarly. The EBC may last a bit longer, but your mileage may vary.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I'm pretty happy with the Hawk HPS pads on my Stage 2 WRX Sedan. They seem to be wearing at a fairly normal rate and they create an average amount of dust for a daily driven car that gets pushed occasionally. Everything's nice and quiet and slightly stiffer than stock, but I'm also now running Goodridge stainless steel lines and ATE Super Blue DOT 4 synthetic fluid if that matters.

#13 ·
Stopstech Street Performance Pads are my favorite pads so far. I have tried Hawk HPS and Greenstuff. The Stoptech SPs out performs them [Citation Needed] by a good margin and are CHEAP! IMHO they are the best pad on the market for street use.

I got them for $65 for the front, $35 rear from:

Import Image Racing: Brake Pads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.