d-specs on wagon - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
d-specs on wagon

I'm getting ready t o retire my Koni insert set-up, and will be trying out a set of Tokico D-specs. Has anyone here done the install on a wagon ? I believe that you have to enlarge the top (strut to knuckle) bolt holes slightly to achieve camber settings. Is that correct ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-07-2011, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
That's what I was told a few years ago when I was looking into them, I ultimately went with the Konis though

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 04-09-2011, 03:32 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Doing the install in the morning. I'll answer my own question when finished

I've got a camber gauge, so I'll install without modification first to see how much negative I can get (with my NOltec plates)

If Koni honors their warranty, I'll end up with a good set of inserts for sale or spares. After 110K miles and four seasons on track they are major clunkers
#4 Old 04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
What did you find out?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#5 Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 PM

Ooops, forgot to get back to this. Without modifying the Tokicos, and my plates (front only) all the way in, I got -1.4 F and -.8 R. That'll never do for my taste, so rather than shave out the holes, I'm trying camber bolts first at all four corners, which just arrived today (Ingalls) I had to give back the camber gauge I borrowed, and my toe settings were pretty far off, so I'm going to put those in tomorrow, and get a "real" allignment Mon or Tues. I'll post back how that turns out. I know this has been done plenty and documented over on NAS**C but the info is buried in a 111 (and counting) page thread. Thought I'd go through the process to make it easy to share here.
#6 Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm not a fan of bolts its so hard to match sides, when I was contemplating the D-Specs I read that the Vorshlag Camber Plates give you over 2.5* maxed out
Vorshlag Subaru GD Camber Plates & Perches, Front - Vorshlag LLC

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#7 Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Well, the bolts gained me some - camber, but nowhere near what'll make me happy should I put sticky tires on. According to a real alignment rack, to get even side to side, I only have -1.1 rear, and -1.0 front + 5.2 caster. I guess the gauge I used was misleading. I like the ride and adjust-ability of the D-specs so far, so the holes are getting enlarged, and the bolts are going back in the bin. I'll try to take pics when I modify them, since that's what I never found on the other forums.
#8 Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Excellent info! I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. You 02-03 guys have some other strut options but for the 04-07, d-specs are a huge part of the market share.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD