Subaru WRX Forum banner

cost?

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  sean71890 
#1 ·
How much is the average price to install lowering springs on a 04 rex. One guy told me it would take 4 hours and 85$ a strut. Is this too much? Thanks for your help

#3 ·
You should really save yourself some money and go buy a set of spring compressors at like Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone and do the work yourself it is really not that hard at all there are some write ups on here on how to do it, i did all four of mine in about 2.5 hours taking my time, and you know the work was done right since you did it, just make sure to get your car aligned when you are done.

#4 ·
Total agreement. The spring compressors will have paid for themselves after 1 change. I have done 2 sets of struts so far. I was very nervouse the first set but found it was very easy. After you DIY once you will kick yourself for wanting to pay someone to do it.

#5 ·
Wouldn't spring compressors be a part that places like Auto Zone would have as part of their loan-a-tool service? Put down a deposit for the full amount of the tool on a credit card, take the tool home and use it, and then get a full refund when you return it? That sounds like the cheapest way to do it.

#12 ·
So I brought it to the guy and he said they won't work b/c the rear one are 10 inch diameter on the bottom but 8 on the top for the back and he said they won't seat on the strut. So either he doesn't know what he's doing or I bought the wrong springs . I was told they were for an 04

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.