Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb swaybar problems

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Vew 
#1 ·
Installed a set of cobb swaybars on my subie 4 years ago. In the spring I replaced the rear because it rotted out, and today my front snapped in half. I do live in the " rust belt" but to rot out in 4 years is crazy. the front didnt rot it snapped, no hard bumps were hit ,I just heard a rattle and when checked found it snapped. would not recommend these poor quality parts.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. I've had them on my car for 4 years also, and they're in great shape (just greased the bushings a couple of weeks ago) The climate is definitely a factor, since I've been living in NM and Colo., and mine still look freshly painted except for around the holes for adjustment, where there's a wear from changing settings. I've broken a few end links (track driving) over the years but the bars are rock solid.

BTW, they stopped selling sways some time ago, and I don't think Cobb actually manufactured them either.

#3 ·
maybe its the weather, strange that my car underneath is still is real clean (I make sure to spray it often). Ordered the Perrin 25mm front bar to match the one I replaced in back. Its a solid bar so Im sure it wont snap or rust thru. I wish I still lived in Denver the cars dont rust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.