Car gets squirly around 100 mph? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-28-2009, 09:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

donniebob is an unknown
Car gets squirly around 100 mph?

I have a stock 06 wrx, I got it up to 110 mph the other day and it was all I could do to keep it straight. I this normal and how do I fix it? Just bought it from a dealer ship so I'm assuming the car is lined up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Just b/c you just bought it does not mean the alignment/balance is on point. I would take the car back to the dealer, demand a free alignment/balance, and make sure everything is checked out and on point. It could be as simple as your wheels need balancing.

When buying a used you should always make them change the air filter, do an oil change, check the tires (change if necessary to new), get some new brake pads, and any other needed maintenance. Those things are fairly cheap for a dealer and they will usually throw them in.
#3 Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
and be safe
#4 Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
So where are you driving 110 mph? I am hoping it is on a track and not a street. Just becuase the car can do 110 doesnt mean you should be doing that. Just remeber to be safe!!
#5 Old 09-29-2009, 10:28 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Considering how few tracks in the country have long enough straights you could actually get a WRX up to 110mph on? Yeah...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Get Rad is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Get Rad
This guy obviously didn’t put too much thought into this post. I mean just look it’s riddled in spelling errors and bad grammar. I agree though be safe esp. on the open road it takes a split second for something to go wrong.
#7 Old 09-29-2009, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Especially the fact that I doubt there's a track up in the northeast section of PA near towanda. I doubt he was on the strip at Maple Grove or went to Englishtown in NJ.
#8 Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
This thread is full of politicians. He wasn't street racing, he was testing his new car purchase to see if it ran ok. Im sure no one has ever done any speeding or any spirited driving at all.

Everyone sort of ignored his issues and started talking about his speed.

It is a possiblity that you are getting lift and not have enough downforce in the rear as well. Although i think that it is a possibility that you are in need of an alignment.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#9 Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
My fault about the speeding topic. I agree. I would think that you should get your tires balance and make sure you are aligned properly.
#10 Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

donniebob is an unknown
Thanks ballar v24 for seeing where I'm coming from because thats exactly what I was doing. This is my first car, I have been into trucks since I started driving. I just wanted to see what it was capable of. Even at 70 it kind of has a little slop, it almost feels like getting hit by a wind gust. It also has a slight vibration at 65-70 mph. Maybe they didn't slightly toe the wheels in when it was aligned. I guess I'll call the dealership up and have them check it out.

FYI I was doing 115 on a road next to the local airport where there was no on coming traffic or intersections. I wasn't being completely stupid haha.
#11 Old 09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Heh...Baller calls us on it. But seriously though...get it aligned/balanced. The forum can't promote speeding on a public street all in the same though. Just say it gets squirly at or above highway speeds...lol and people won't attack you.
#12 Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
You could always check the torque on the lug nuts too. You never know who might have worked on the car last.

John
07 WRX
#13 Old 09-30-2009, 11:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty