Subaru WRX Forum banner

Car gets squirly around 100 mph?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  baller_v24 
#1 ·
I have a stock 06 wrx, I got it up to 110 mph the other day and it was all I could do to keep it straight. I this normal and how do I fix it? Just bought it from a dealer ship so I'm assuming the car is lined up.

#2 ·
Just b/c you just bought it does not mean the alignment/balance is on point. I would take the car back to the dealer, demand a free alignment/balance, and make sure everything is checked out and on point. It could be as simple as your wheels need balancing.

When buying a used you should always make them change the air filter, do an oil change, check the tires (change if necessary to new), get some new brake pads, and any other needed maintenance. Those things are fairly cheap for a dealer and they will usually throw them in.

#7 ·
Especially the fact that I doubt there's a track up in the northeast section of PA near towanda. I doubt he was on the strip at Maple Grove or went to Englishtown in NJ.

#8 ·
This thread is full of politicians. He wasn't street racing, he was testing his new car purchase to see if it ran ok. Im sure no one has ever done any speeding or any spirited driving at all.

Everyone sort of ignored his issues and started talking about his speed.

It is a possiblity that you are getting lift and not have enough downforce in the rear as well. Although i think that it is a possibility that you are in need of an alignment.

#10 ·
Thanks ballar v24 for seeing where I'm coming from because thats exactly what I was doing. This is my first car, I have been into trucks since I started driving. I just wanted to see what it was capable of. Even at 70 it kind of has a little slop, it almost feels like getting hit by a wind gust. It also has a slight vibration at 65-70 mph. Maybe they didn't slightly toe the wheels in when it was aligned. I guess I'll call the dealership up and have them check it out.

FYI I was doing 115 on a road next to the local airport where there was no on coming traffic or intersections. I wasn't being completely stupid haha.

#11 ·
Heh...Baller calls us on it. But seriously though...get it aligned/balanced. The forum can't promote speeding on a public street all in the same though. Just say it gets squirly at or above highway speeds...lol and people won't attack you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.