Subaru WRX Forum banner

buyin sways, opinions welcome

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  phatmike0704 
#1 ·
well forget about upgradin my steering rack. too much money lol. lookin at sway bars. im a daily driver and just wanna hit the corners with a nice turn but dont wanna go to stiff for the suspension.

not goin hollow bars just the fact that ther hollow lol. what do u guys think of 25mm front and 25mm rear. im not goin more then 25 in the rear but should i concider less in the rear? btw i take turns real hard lol

i have megan springs but goin bak to stock soon ### winters comin and goin to to new struts kyb's.

#2 ·
I know you said that you don't want hollow bars but the Hotchkis/Cobb 25mm bars are awesome. I had a set on my WRX and loved them.

I would stick with the same size bars front and back but I like neutral handling characteristics with my car.

#5 ·
I have 22mm Whitelines on the stiffest setting and they work great for me. Be sure to upgrade your endlinks if possible, they will probably snap pretty quick if you keep them stock with 25mm sways. Also, if you go hollow you should add about 3mm for the same resistance as a comparible solid bar. After upgrading my sways I noticed that my tires are definitely my weak link.

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/its-time-suspension-upgrade-26824/
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/sway-bars-made-my-car-27059/
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/first-suspension-mod-26563/

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post!

#9 ·
You should always call the parts vendor when you can, especially when buying multiple things, because they'll usually give you a package deal with better pricing and free shipping.

I heard Perrin Swaybars had issues but that has probably been resolved by now. Make sure you read reviews on whatever you decide to buy.

You should only change one thing at a time if you can, especially for suspension parts, it will help you to know exactly how each part is changing the feel of the car. Sways+endlinks are a good place to start.

#12 ·
This thread inspired me to go ahead and pull the trigger on sways for my '06 wagon. Got Whiteline adjustable 22 mm front and rear and Kartboy endlinks, $495 shipped. With luck they'll be here by the weekend so I can get them slapped on. Now, if only my backordered turbo inlet hose would get here so I could get the VF39 and huge TMIC bolted up...

#13 ·
Don't get full metal front endlinks, that's my only warning. They are noisy. Examples include Perrin and Cobb. Stick with a polyurethane contact point. Examples include Kartboy. Rear isn't as big a deal but also holds true.

#14 ·
just bought the kartboy front and rear endlinks. nice recommendation. and i found out that perrin does have fitment issues so thats out. gonna buy the rear first, is ther like any possibilty of a hollow bar snapping/breaking? i found a cheap hotchkis bar 25mm for cheap, anyone object to gettin it? only $100

#16 ·
just bought the kartboy front and rear endlinks. nice recommendation. and i found out that perrin does have fitment issues so thats out. gonna buy the rear first, is ther like any possibilty of a hollow bar snapping/breaking?
I've never heard of a sway bar snapping on a wrx, I think it is more likely your endlinks will give out before the metal bar. Damage to your sway bars would be most likely to occur while offroading where the transfer of force between the wheels would be the most jarring.

i found a cheap hotchkis bar 25mm for cheap, anyone object to gettin it? only $100
A sway bar is a torsion spring, so like any other spring a used sway bar might be less effective than a new one. That being the case, most driving is done in a straight line so I doubt there will be noticeable decrease in performance.

do whiteline bolt on rite up or does ther gotta be some modding for it?
My Whiteline bars bolted up fine using KB endlinks, they are not completely straight but it doesn't affect performance. You can use some spacers if you are concerned with how they look.

#17 ·
The reason some have fitment issues generally is because of the exhaust, or layout of it. Cobb and Perrin designed theirs to work with their exhausts. So if your using something like the Invidia or Greddy there might be a fitment issue, but here also might not be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.