brake swap - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

adizzle02 is an unknown
brake swap

at somepoint i want to upgrade the brakes a little on the suby and was wondering what my options are as far as maybe using a 05-07 caliper or a caliper from another suby. Are there any that i can use the stock rotor size that would be an improvement over stock?

Stage 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
well, first and foremost brake components (rotors/calipers) do not reduce one time stopping distance (emergency breaking) or increase break performance. If you have not read some of the other break related threads i would suggest you do.

if you are aware of these facts and are one of the few people who would actually benefit from break upgrades in some tangible way i will be more then happy to discuss the topic.
#3 Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
i cant see how that possible im pretty sure my car stops alot better/faster then a 02 wrx i used to drive considering i have stock 4 pistons in the front and 2 piston rear..... as the 02 doesnt... the 06 calipers will bolt right up to and 02

Subaru 4-Pot Front Brake Calipers for 02-05 WRX, JSC Speed
#4 Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^
negative ghostrider.

from the mouths of the guys who make performance brake packages:

Quote:
“You can take this one to the bank. Regardless of your huge rotor diameter, brake pedal ratio, magic brake pad material, or number of pistons in your calipers, your maximum deceleration is limited every time by the tire to road interface. That is the point of this whole article. Your brakes do not stop your car. Your tires do stop the car. So while changes to different parts of the brake system may affect certain characteristics or traits of the system behavior, using stickier tires is ultimately the only sure-fire method of decreasing stopping distances.”

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades
#5 Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Without doing any research whatsoever, I think if I had a few thousand bucks to spend on brakes, I'd probably get the black Brembos that come stock on the 07 STi Limiteds. I don't even really care if they work better than my stock brakes - they're so pretty.

John
07 WRX
#6 Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

meh, id rather spend my disposable income giving my car some balls. but to each his own.
#7 Old 03-11-2008, 05:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

well that was short and sweet.
#8 Old 03-11-2008, 06:21 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
What? You wanted somebody to come on here and argue with you? Fine

"Nuh Uh! You don't kno nuthin! If mondo break kits don't make you stop faster, then why to porshe's have em? huh, didn't think so!"

Yeah, I'm glad we're through that phase too...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#9 Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

as much as i love a heated debate i find the complete lack of discussion here troubling. as the most likely outcom is that people have just passed it off as nonsense and retained their false assumptions.

but to answer your question, its called "value add". except without the value part.... and they look hawt.
#10 Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I still think the black Brembos are pretty

John
07 WRX
#11 Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

oh i think there dead sexy. but if you like pretty things your money would be better spent trying to attract an attractive female then black brake calipers. probably a shit load more fun as well.

MOD: Uh, yeah...

Last edited by mosc; 03-11-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: lol
#12 Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
attract an attractive female
hahahaha yeah, I do that too... just saying if I had entirely too much money, there'd be black Brembos for everyone! hooray! (and I would probably be modding Ferraris instead)

John
07 WRX
#13 Old 03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

mosc is such a downer. jeeeeeez
#14 Old 03-12-2008, 04:00 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
mosc is such a downer. jeeeeeez
I LOL'd

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD