Bigger sway bars - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

sammy is an unknown
yes....I'm not sure.....I enjoy my Cusco. I still have not changed springs and am only running a bigger rear bar right now. I love it, but if I was not going to get springs I'd already have the bigger bar on the front too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to nekard
I might have missed the post but how big are you running on the back?

2002 Silver WRX
Link Programmable ECU, TurboXS Stainless Steel Turbo-back exhaust, TurboXS BOV Type H, Black Samco Intercooler Hoses, 17x7.5" Rota Steel Grey Subzeros with Kumho Esta 235/45/R17 tiresPioneer Dehp9300
#18 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

sammy is an unknown
22/23/24 set at 22mm, stock front bar. next for me are end links and wheels and tires.
#19 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
What is the stock rear bar? 20mm? Did it really make a big difference on your handling ability?

2002 Silver WRX
Link Programmable ECU, TurboXS Stainless Steel Turbo-back exhaust, TurboXS BOV Type H, Black Samco Intercooler Hoses, 17x7.5" Rota Steel Grey Subzeros with Kumho Esta 235/45/R17 tiresPioneer Dehp9300
#20 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Altersys is an unknown
Sway bars do affect ride! They don't affect ride if we're talking about suspension motions that are identical left-to-right, but many real road aberrations are not symmetric. Such as potholes. Cars with larger swa bars will shudder more going over potholes (or other similar imperfections) than cars with smaller ones.

Just a point I think is important for someone to know ahead of time before making a purchase... (I still think larger sway bars are worth it on a sports car though).

-Alt
#21 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
rex
WRXtuners Member

rex is an unknown
You have to be careful how stiff you make the suspension of a street car. If the suspension is to stiff you'll get hop if you hit an unsymetricall corner under load. The trick that i've been told is to get it so that you minimize role while still maintaing contact at all four wheels. I'm not an expert by any means, but a racecar can afford things that are a little different than street cars due to the surface it travels on. Someone please tell me if I'm FOS, becuase I plan on doing the suspension on my rex soon.
#22 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Altersys is an unknown
I agree with you because you just said the same thing as I did... only in English

-Alt
#23 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
English better. Speak more.

2002 Silver WRX
#24 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Altersys is an unknown
Which who you speaking with, huh?

-Alt :lol:
#25 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

elgorey is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to elgorey
it is my impression that the lower arm bars are pretty much unneccessary unless you plan on seriously road racing your wrx. You are going to see a much better cost/benefit from coilovers, sway bars, and possibly strut braces.
#26 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

nekard is an unknown
Bigger sway bars

Price on bigger sway bars are within a resonable cost. Will it really off that much bigger of a performance difference while cornering or not? There are so many suspension upgrades available I dont know where to begin. But I cant replace the OEM struts and coils quite yet due to warrenty issues. Any suggestions would be great.

2002 Silver WRX
#27 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nadeem is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Nadeem
Sway Bars, Tower Bars

I hear some of you saying that if you add coilovers, you want to go with smaller sway bars. If I'm planning on replacing my stock 2002 WRX suspension with a coilover system... should I bother replacing the stock front and rear sway bars? What about strut tower bars and lower arm bars. Am I going to notice anything over the stock suspension? If so, which should I do first, front or rear... or same time? I'm looking at the Cusco front lower arm bar, or the Cusco Front lower arm bar version II...??? Any thoughts? At the risk of sounding like a total layman... The version II lower arm bar just looks like it would do something.... If you're not familiar with the bars, check them out....

http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/suspensi.htm

Thanks,

Nadeem

2002 WRX, Silver, Brand New, mods to come