Subaru WRX Forum banner

Best Brake Fluid?

39K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  basco 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm a complete Dumbass!! when I did the brembo swap I just replaced the fluid with Pepboys generic crap!! I plan on doing a full flush this weekend. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND I use?

#3 ·
ATE Super Blue!

I changed my stock fluid to that at 30,000 miles and again recently at 60,000 miles. No complaints. It's DOT-4, fully synthetic, it's compatible with the stock (and other brands) DOT3 stuff, and they make it tinted in both blue and gold/yellow so you can alternate between changes and know that it's all been flushed out completely. A 1 Liter container should be enough for one good flush session. And remember you can recycle your used brake fluid with your used motor oil and transmission/rear differential oils. I keep mine in a 5 gallon icing bucket that I snagged from my local grocery store. It seals really well so I don't get my car all dirty when I drive it to the recycling spot, holds enough to last me months, and it was cheap (freebie) :)

I found a 1 L container of ATE Super Blue at TurnerMotorsport.com for $12.95 + shipping. Anybody find it cheaper anywhere else?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.