Subaru WRX Forum banner

ABS Delete

16K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  GSMNZ 
#1 ·
Ok so I have looked high an low for a write up on a ABS delete and can't find one for the life of me.

Does anyone have a link or can point me in the right direction. I am pretty sure I know what I need to do but I don't like doing if I am not 1000% sure.

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
It's incredibly simple in theory to delete but it will be a ton of work, you essentially have to replace everything between the brake pedal and calipers. You can simply disable it by pulling the fuse under the hood if you don't want ABS.

#4 ·
I do know about disabling it by the fuse. I was hoping to eliminate clutter under the hood. For some ABS is a life saver. For me I am able to modulate the pedals and when I want the tires to lock they need to without a module thinking for me.

#6 ·
Yes, in theory. However I prefer to completely replace the lines as they are brittle and you can easily over bend or crack the line if you are not using the proper bending and flare tools which would essentially force you into replacing that line.

#12 ·
I wouldn't be promoting ABS deletes in general.

This is for a very specific application - usually racing - that would add risk to a typical daily driver in some environments. I'm not disputing that it may somehow be good for drivers with advanced levels of skill and training, but the audience on the forum is much broader than that.

I share your enthusiasm for improvements, just want to add context for a general forum browser.

Attachments

#13 ·
This is a true statement. But I would also hope that someone would not modify something they don't understand... which now that I say that... people do that all the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.