Subaru WRX Forum banner

18" wheels

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
I just bought my '06 WRX I keep hearing about putting 18" wheels on it. Sounds good , but how wide should I go and how about the offset and good wheels for wet and dry traction. Thanks

#3 ·
and good wheels for wet and dry traction. Thanks
Not many wheels get good traction at all !Laugh!

On a serious note, the tires that good traction wet or dry depends on what type of tire you want. If you're getting new wheels, keep the stockers for good winter/snow tires. That way, you can put dedicated summer tires on the new wheels, which will offer you better dry and wet peformance over any all season. When I get new wheels I'll probably get dunlop direzza star specs, but I've heard they're not the greatest when it's wet.

Best bet is to go on tirerack.com and compare the tires. They all have a "survey" tab on the bottom that shows how they rate in several categories.

#4 ·
I personally think that every WRX sedan owner should at least try 17x8" +48 wheels with 235/40R17 tires at least once. It's just so ideal a setup in so many ways for that car. Course, you may have more visual criteria in mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.