17" tires vs 18" - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wheel / Tire FAQ
Tire size calculator

Both of these are in the Wheel/Tire Faq of the suspension forum. I hope they help some. Also do you know or looked around at like tire rack or discount tire? You can buy a package deal and it will give you the size tire also. So there you can eiter purchase that set or use it to compare to a rim of the same size and look for the rim and tire seperately. If you get the proper tire on your rim your cars height will not change at all. Or it will change within fractions of an inch to where it wont hurt or be notices. To lower the car you will need springs or coilovers.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by subarooster View Post
wow this stuff makes no sense to me i know nothing about the wheel sizes well ok i wanna get 17's on mine but i definately want my car lower than higher so how doess that work?? or if someone could link me to a very clear diagram or simple illustration of wheels n sizes n how to read n handle that bs i'd appreciate it thnx
Check what NTTG posted thats a good one for calculating sizes. Also what I did with my Audi was I found someone on the forum whose stance I liked and asked them what they were running, including suspension. If you can compile pics of what you like and compare the measurements you can create for yourself a visual idea of what you want and like.

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement