Subaru WRX Forum banner

06 wrx wagon lowering springs

16K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  OBear 
#1 ·
Ok i am thinking about getting some springs for my 06 wagon. I would like to lower the car just a bit to get rid of that big gap up front. i dont want the ride to be much firmer that stock. has any one heard of EPIC Engineering springs. also when i install these springs will I need to get an alignment and if so to what specifications?

#4 ·
I would look at the Prodrive sedan springs. A lot of guys run these on their wagon with very little butt sag.
Take a look here Shocks/struts - Google Docs

The stock alignment specs suck. The spring company will not give these numbers. I would try and get -1 deg up front and -5 deg in the rear, with 0 toe on both. I run -2 up front and -75 in the rear, I add -2 up front for track days. You might need camber bolts also. A lot of the alignment will depend on the rest of the mods.

#5 ·
Swift makes wagon specific springs, that a just are little bit firmer than stock and will work well with your stock struts.

04+ WRX Wagon Springs Turn In Concepts

I would contact TIC (ask for Clint) and see what they recommend, as they are the suspension gurus of the subaru world and have great prices/service.

Also, Paranoid Fabrications makes shims that can get rid of that saggy butt lowered wagons sometimes get.

I have heard good things about the EPIC Engineering springs, but they are not wagon specific.

#7 ·
Then get some Whiteline sways front/rear, Kartboy endlinks front/rear, and Swift wagon springs. That combo will give you exactly what you want. You may not even need the Paraniod Fab shims with the Swifts (ask TIC).

Also, all the above are very easy to install yourself. The Sways/Endlinks are about 1-2 hour job at the most (PB Blaster the **** out of the bolts holding the stock sways on the night b4 the install and again the day of). The only thing that requires a little bit more is the springs, but you could rent a spring compressor from almost any auto parts store and save yourself some money and just have a buddy for help and some beer (if your of age of course).

Trust me, contact TIC and they will get you squared away:

Helping you to enjoy your car. - Turn In Concepts

#10 · (Edited)
Yes you would see a drop, but you may not like the ride. While your stock shocks can handle the STi springs, it may be on the outer limits of their capability. So your ride would proabably be a little harsher/more bouncy than you want due to the much higher spring rates of the STi springs.

With the stock shocks the Swift wagon springs will increase the handling w/o a harsh ride and won't be too much firmer than stock. So for daily driving purposes and what you described its probably a better fit IMHO.

#12 ·
When removing the strut make sure you have both front wheels up or both rear wheels up or all four. I did one corner at a time and put a pinhole in my cv boot(pita to replace). When i did the opposite side i left the first side jacked up and on a stand and it was 1,000 times easier to remove with no struggle and no ripped cv boot. Woulda been nice if someone mentioned that before.!Cry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.