Subaru WRX Forum banner

02 wrx suspension upgrades...where to start?

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wagonracer 
#1 ·
I want to start doing modifications to my suspension on my wrx and im wondering where to start. I really dont want to lower it bc i bought the vehicle for winter. I live in stanley va and its not unusual for us to get 12 to 36 inches of snow. I really just want to be able to corner better on the back roads and reduce the amount of body roll. I was wondering what exactly will endlinks do for me? and are front and rear sway bars a good start, and if so what brands? I currently have a all season tire uniroyal tiger paws. Im not looking for a speed demon here, just something fun for the mountains u know.

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-20565...-4-cyl-turbo-2001-2003.aspx?affiliateid=10065

anyone use the sway bars? Im not looking to spend a bunch of money on this car bc its my dd and i already have a project car. I just want better than stock hanleing that would make driving the mountains a little mor enjoyable. thanks in advance for the sugestions....sorry for the bump

#2 ·
a set of swaybars (cusco, perrin, cobb...) and a set of dedicated summer tyres like Dunlop Z1 Star Spec's and you'll be light years ahead of where you are now.

#5 ·
+1 on sways and tires. That does seem awfully low for a bar, yet alone a kit. Definitely call them to clarify what exactly they're selling. If it's just the bar, you'll still need the correct sized bushings at the very least. Pictured in that link are both F&R bars and all the hardware, and the caption says it all (actual product may vary, hmmmm)

Since Cobb isn't selling their sways anymore, I would recommend whiteline adjustable bars and bushings with Kartboy links. Do it right !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.