WRX Japanese Version - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-29-2004, 07:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
mileage

yeah about 53,000 miles... of which i started modding it at probably 10,000, and did not start seeing boost increases until owned a UTEC at about 25,000 miles.

And no doubts about it that i've done some stupid things that have undoubtely shortened the life of my engine.... i'm sure they're all posted in here somewhere... long stories short... The TGV debacle, where i had one side stuck closed for about 15,000 miles worth of driving, meanwhile running 18psi VF turbo and the other side was getting jammed with too much air, therefore it was lean for a long time. Then there was the stupid CAI that i left on my car throughout an entire winter season and half of the next summer.... well it was rusted as shit and the metal mesh on the inner side the CAI was rusted as shit to, which means plenty of rust-dust molecules were probably going through my engine... great!

But nonetheless, it still runs fine, maybe slightly low compression in a cylinder or two, and maybe not making quite the WHP it should with 18G, FMIC and so on... but tell that to anyone riding passenger and they wouldn't know, ### it still kicks you in the ass at WOT, and made 292 WHP, which is not at all that bad for all the stupid shit i've done...

And there's not a day i drive the car that i'm not all up on the boost (some people will daily drive the car off boost, or not going over say 5-10psi which will effectively lower the mileage in which your car was driven beyond its acceptable stock limits)... but thats not me... every day i'm pressing its limits, ### that's whats fun in my book.

so about the v7... were did you obtain it from, and what was the total cost. used or new? does it come with everything... attached oil pan, manifold, wiring harness, heads, etc...???

$5000 for the magnus block aint cheap after all... and that's nothing but the block, and an engine gasket set. everything else has to be swapped onto it. But no doubt in my mind that its better/stronger setup than the v7, but i'm sure its more $$$ too. And the v7 is solid from what i understand.

Last edited by REXronald; 09-29-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-29-2004, 04:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
you can get a full v7 motor with everything except the turbo for 4k... not bad really instead of buying a short block for 4k.. then buying heads for 3k.. then buying all the little stuff you need.. soo imo the v7 is a better choice for most people..
#18 Old 09-29-2004, 05:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rizzo is an unknown
JDM & US emmissions?

Does anyone know if or how a jdm swapped car could pass inspection in the states? Is it a problem?
#19 Old 09-29-2004, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
$50