#16 Old 09-28-2004, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturbo04 is an unknown
i dont want my bov leaking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-28-2004, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
uh, yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdturbo04
i dont want my bov leaking

none of us do, what's your point? If you don't mind my asking.

I was gonna call WORX and send it back, but i do like the overall look and function of the valve, so if i can just seal up the outer housing with a little silicon or JB Weld, then that's what I'll do. just that for the money, i shouldn't have to... and not mention, diagnosing the problem was a PITA.
#18 Old 09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

D'sScooby is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXronald
none of us do, what's your point? If you don't mind my asking.

I was gonna call WORX and send it back, but i do like the overall look and function of the valve, so if i can just seal up the outer housing with a little silicon or JB Weld, then that's what I'll do. just that for the money, i shouldn't have to... and not mention, diagnosing the problem was a PITA.
Have you talked to WORX about the issue? I've read alot of feedback about them and they have great customer service. My point being is that if there is an issue with their BOV i'm sure they would like to know and fix it if possible. Especailly since it could be just that a gasket is needed. Easy fix. Search WORX on NASIOC and you'll find a lenghty thread about an issure they had and fixed. Seemed to make all the consumers happy.

I'm clueless.
#19 Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
alright

well,

anyone with the valve please weigh in here... did your vavle come with any gaskets???

my has none. just metal on metal junctures... doesn't make a lot of sense to me?

i guess i should call them and see, but what's the point at this point, Quick dry JB Weld will accomplish the exact same results as a gasket and i can do it in about 5 minutes...

i'll try calling today to see what's up with that and post my results.

R
#20 Old 09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Spoke to mike or was it mark? at worx...

says they've never experienced this problem, and on original design they had thought they was include a rubber o-ring under the inner housing which would not have fixed the prob i have, but he said it was not necessary...

he said send it back for replacement if i wish ### they will stand behind their products... but i told him the prob, recommended they check a couple of their valves their, and that i'm planning on the easy route of fixing the leak myself to save for time and $$$ shipping.

IMO, it should have a gasket, its supposed to spin freely at the base from the flange, so naturally there would be a small gap between those two surfaces, and naturally air could leak out from under there, sneak its way up to the recirculate hole, and into the turbo system post-MAF, pre-turbo. and that's unmetered air, bottom line.
#21 Old 09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

D'sScooby is an unknown
Once you do the gasket/jbweld fix check for a leak again and let me/us know what the outcome was. Good luck.

I'm clueless.
#22 Old 09-30-2004, 01:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

yep

i will... i'm willing to offer a guarantee the leak will be fixed.

i've stared at and observed the valve very closely for some time now... i've tried this that and the other ruling out all possible leaking points, identifying the actual leaking point, and then identifying why its leaking from this point and how.

Since i've narrowed to only one possibilyt, sealing this will take care of the issue. but it will eliminate the ability of the outer housing to rotate freely about the base... so the glueing/sealing must be with the recirc vent in just the right place the first time around... or fitment will become an issue.

but i'll let ya know, ### until its done and i've proven it not to leak, i won't put 100% confidence in it.