Subaru WRX Forum banner

Will the tranny hold?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IBAUCLAPlaya 
#1 ·
I just got all my go fast parts in today; Fuel pump, STi injectos, UTEC, Turbo XS TMIC, and lastly a VF34. (I'v been saving my pennys for a long time!) I hope with a good tune that maybe I can lay 320-325WHP, maybe. I'll be happy with 300WHP! I already have the TBE and up pipe all catless, and a short ram intake.

Now I am wondering when will I blow something in my transmission? So I did some research to see what I could do to try to stop this from happening. On GRUPPE-S.com they have a Version 6 STi RA gearsets with Cryo treated gears, and all so a Exedy Hyper Single Clutch/Flywheel set up with STi Tranny mounts. ( Its not a packaged deal I kinda put it all together myself) Do you guys think with this set up in my transmission, I sould be some what safe from blowing anything for a while?

Thanks for any help

#2 ·
The STI V6 RA gearset is very nice. That alone should hold you okay with that power, but the Exedy clutch/flywheel wouldn't hurt. Tranny mounts are nice too. But as long as you don't crazily abuse the car w/ 6k drops, you stock tranny will be alright. Also I hope you plan on getting dyno tuned to reach 300-325 whp. The stock TXS map won't get you near that. You could probably get close w/ a solid street tune, but I would get it dyno tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.