Subaru WRX Forum banner

will make me loose boost?/ will it hold

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  nagyhead 
#1 ·
if put the STi TMIC on an 05 wrx will i loose anyboost if i go cobb stage 2 and a 3 inch TBE, and will the tranny hold and how much HP or what else can i do to the car thats safe enough for the tranny to hold

#2 ·
Your transmission (assuming it is in good shape) should hold fime with IC/TBE/Stage 2. If anything, the STi IC may give you a little boost becuase of the cooler/dense air. Future mods (if you are looking for significant gain) should be in the direction of fuel and perhaps an upgraded turbo. You can do little things like an intake/crank pulley/inlet hose but none will be noticeable gains. And as always, a pro-tune.

#3 ·
hmm id go upgrade turbo but id be to worried about the tranny, i jus wish i could afford the sti, well im def going to do cobb stage 2 and 3inch tbe witht he sti TMIC, sorry this is a very noobish question to ask but theres a place where all the wrx's meet up at in my town and they all seem to have these red disc looking thing in their grill it looks hot and i want them, lol what are they

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.